TN Nashville Extended StayAmerica Brentwood

starbucksgirl
By starbucksgirl,
in

This hotel is located right off the 65 freeway. It is very convenient to everything.

Upon first arriving at the hotel, we were informed that we would be on the 3rd floor. My husband requested a lower floor as we have a baby and we had several suitcases, etc. to bring to the room with all of our baby gear. The front desk informed us that they would give us a room on the 2nd floor (and that all of the 1st floor rooms were "smoking rooms)." They also informed us that they were doing us a favor (in a nice way) as they usually put priceline customers on the 3rd floor (per their management). Hmmm.

We entered our room on the 2nd floor. Room 218. I put the baby down to sleep and then went to the bathroom to put our stuff away. I began to notice a small bug on the counter (size of an ant). Squashed it. Then went to the kitchen and began putting some of our food away in the small kitchen. Noticed a few more small bugs (looked like ants at first). Then upon further notice, I saw several bugs of various sizes. It appears the room was infested with cockroaches. I called the front desk and they moved us immediately to a room about 4 doors down (Rm. 212). This room was much better and we stayed at the hotel for an entire week (without incident). My husband did spray all of the room with ant/roach killer though so I'm not sure if we would have continued to have a problem or not.

The rooms are small. One queen size bed (hard mattress). A small closet area for hanging items. A good size dresser with 6 drawers. Nice tv with free cable channels (showtime I think). A small kitchen with fridge, range, sink (no dishwasher). And a small table with two chairs. Internet access was $4.99 per stay (we used it the whole week for only $4.99 total). It is wireless access. All in all an ok stay. The hotel needs to do a better job of cleaning up after each person leaves (especially if someone has stayed there long enough to leave behind an infestation of roaches).

They also have laundry facilities (which we used). $1.00 for wash, $1.00 for dryer. I think there is a small vending machine with candy bars in the laundry room too but that's all I saw. The staff was nice during our stay except for the priceline on the 3rd floor comment. They should change their policy in this area as it makes you feel like a second class citizen. My husband commented to the front desk staff that they must not be that interested in our business if they just cart all priceline customers to the top floors even if lower rooms are available. Hmmmm.

There are several restaurants close to the hotel. The best ones include a Pei Wei, Chilis, Panera, Qdoba (Fresh Mex), Coldstone, Moe's Southwest (Southwest Mex), and a Steakhouse (can't remember name but it is in the Target shopping center by the Panera).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]