KY Louisville Hyatt Place East

paasch
By paasch,
in

:) Room was good sized for price and clean. Two double beds and living area with full size sleeper sofa. Kinchenette with microwave, sink, refrigerator. Nice breakfast buffet in the morning (except beware of the plastic eggs). I thought good deal for 2.5* ranking. As 4 of us were sharing the room, we appreciated the extra space.

• 2 years later...

REVIEW:

The Hyatt Place was very nice. As many of you probably know, the Hyatt Place is a remodeled/rebranded AmeriSuites. They appear to have replaced carpeting, furnishings, and bedding; they also painted/wallpapered. If you look close, the paint job wasn't the best, but it doesn't detract from the appearance of the hotel.

The location of the hotel appears to be an upper-middle class residential and business area. The road the hotel is on is a heavily traveled main route a couple of miles from the interstate, but due to stoplights it is not high-speed traffic; I did not notice any objectionable noise.

The lobby and rooms were both nicely appointed. The 42" LCD HDTV's in each room are a nice touch. Although we didn't use it, the sectional sofa was large and looked comfortable. The king size bed was comfortable. The bathroom is tiny, but clean. A second sink and a mini-fridge were provided in the living area.

There were plenty of staff on hand, and they were friendly and helpful.

The free continental breakfast was sparse (fruit, yogurt, cereal, bread, juice, milk, and coffee) but adequate. hot breakfast items or pastries are available, but cost extra.

All rooms are non-smoking, which is a good thing in my view. After making the reservation, I called the hotel reservation desk to request a king size bed. The person I spoke to said that I had been assigned a room with two double beds, and that the room selection was controlled by Priceline, so they could not change it. I called Priceline, and they called the hotel on my behalf, and were able to get me a king size bed.

Overall, I consider the Hyatt Place well-worthy of the 2.5* rating, and a great deal for the $40 price they accepted.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]