Hotwire Hotel: 4* Ft Lauderdale (Las Olas-Downtown-Port Everglades) Renaissance

Hunnypot4pooh
By Hunnypot4pooh,
in

Please use separate threads for each stay... we'll use this thread for your 11/25 stay, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for your 12/1 stay.

For 11/25... not sure exactly what you're looking for. In regards to 3* vs. 4*, what is considered the "right" area? Which zone(s) are you willing t accept? What is your maximum budget for this stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have opted to try for a 4* in the beach area of FLL for my first stay (closer to the cruise terminal). I began bidding at $60 and plan to increase it in increment of $2 until I am successful. If I do not get accepted after $86, I will change my request to a 3* and start bidding again at $50.

I will post the results of my bidding later...

Question: My original bid was through Savingsbarn. If I use Priceline's email links (regarding failed bid) to make future bids, does it no longer credit Savingsbarn?

Update:

I gave up trying for the 4* Hyatt Pier 66 Hotel when my $82 bid was rejected. With the resort fee and the fact they offer no shuttle service to/from the airport/cruise terminal, I thought I could do better with a 3* in the beach area.

So I have started bidding again at $55. Today I was rejected at $57.

Is there any solid "rebidding option" or will I be bidding only once per day?

At the 3* level you have two re-bid zones. See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Since this is a one nite pre-cruise stay, is there a reason you're not bidding the Airport or Downtown zone(s) as well? (as these are probably the most frequently bid for pre-cruise stays)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you determined your two re-bid zones?

What is your maximum bid and minimum star rating for the Beach zone?

I want to get this as inexpensive as possible, but will ultimately just pay what I have to to stay near the beach.

I think the two alternative bid areas are Miramar and Pompano....

I just want to be sure there are no new 3* in those areas because I want to be near the beach and cruise terminal.

Are the Priceline hotel star rating lists up to date in these areas?

I really appreciate your help.

I think the two alternative bid areas are Miramar and Pompano....
No. As per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List:
DO NOT USE THIS LIST to determine what areas to add when attempting to bid again within the 24 hour window

You need to follow the technique discussed in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

See if you can figure out your two re-bid as per the above method or ask questions and we'll break it down further.

I was planning to keep bidding for the beach area until I succeeded....

But I found Hotwire has the 4* Renaissance in downtown FLL for $79...

I am thinking about giving up on the beach area and booking that instead. We won't have a car, and the Renaissance is supposed to be close to restaurants/stores and serviced by an affordable public shuttle service...

Do you know anything about this hotel?

Folks at the Cruisecritic website gave good reviews of the Renaissance Hotel in FLL, so I went ahead and booked that through Hotwire (via the link at Savingbarn, of course). Unfortunately, the price went up from $79 to $83 since last night.

I am glad this issue is finally resolved and pleased that I will be staying in a 4* hotel the night before my anniversary cruise.

Thank you so much for all your assistance.

Glad you go this leg of your stay settled and are happy with the results.

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page. Thanks.

Also, please note that we have our own link to HOTWIRE, please use our own HOTWIRE link to begin any future purchases you make thru their service.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]