Priceline Hotel: Bidding zones for resorts in San Juan

Shell8561
By Shell8561,
in

I went on Priceline to put in a bid under "Resorts" in San Juan, which is its own category instead of a 4-star, 3-star, etc. The only zone I see listed is San Juan. There is no other section of San Juan listed, such as Condado, Old San Juan or Isla Verde. If I click on San Juan for the bid zone and then Resorts and it's rejected, how can I add a re-bid zone if the only zone listed is San Juan?

Did you make any further progress on your Priceline Boston thread?

Please follow-up that thread and then bump this thread if you would like assisstance with the above.

I found a hotel in Boston on my own at a government rate that was really good, so I booked it. I checked into using Priceline but from what I read, it looked like there were a lot of hotels with small rooms and because there are four of us going, I was too nervous about possibly getting a room with one bed.

As far as the San Juan bidding, the only zone listed to bid in is San Juan so I don't understand how you could rebid and add another zone. I'm interested in either the Marriott Stellaris or the Caribe Hilton which I've read would be under the "Resorts" category, but there's another zone besides San Juan that also has the "Resorts" category and it's quite a ways from San Juan so i definitely don't want to rebid that zone and end up somewhere far away. I thought San Juan would be broken down into sections to bid on, such as Old San Juan, Condado, etc., but it looks the entire city of San Juan is listed as one area so how can you add a re-bid zone? Do you know if I bid under "Resorts" for San Juan if I could get a hotel in Old San Juan or would a resort have to be on the beach? It looks like the only way to rebid is to wait the minimum required time (is it 72 hrs?) and then just keep raising the price and rebidding under the "Resorts" category in the same San Juan zone.

1) Nobody will know to look here to see what you chose to do for your Priceline Boston stay... follow-up that post so future users aren't left wondering what you ultimately did for that stay

2) reply to the message we sent you

3) bump this thread and we'll comment on the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you figure out the highest star rating available in each of the zone(s) above?

The star ratings are as follows:

Cabo Rojo - 2-star

Dorado - 3-star

Mayaguez-Isabela - 3-star

Ponce-Guanica - 2-star

Rio Grande-Humacao - 4-star (and Resorts) - I'm not sure if Resorts is supposed to be higher than 4-star

San Juan - every category, including Resorts, except 4-star

Okay, yes, I see what you mean. I was thinking I needed to rebid in another zone within San Juan itself, but I see now where I could rebid the other zones as long as there are no Resorts listed as a possibility. Do you know if the resorts would definitely be at a beach area or could they be in Old San Juan? Can you give me a suggestion as to what to start the bid at? Also, if they're all rejected, how long do I need to wait to bid again?

Do you know if the resorts would definitely be at a beach area or could they be in Old San Juan?

I don't know of any Resort class properties that are in Old San Juan, although it is possible. However, the 'real beach' in San Juan is in the Isla Verde section and there are Resort class properties in the Condado area, so a Resort class property will not ensure that you're at or on the beach.

If you need a Beachfront/Beach Access property HOTWIRE may be a better option since you can determine beforehand if the hotel is Beachfront/Beach Access based upon the amenities (although there are still hotels in the Condado area which show Beach related icons since they have <small> man made beaches) so you definately want to be able to ID the hotel beforehand to determine if it will suit your needs.

What is your budget per room per nite for this stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the Resort level you have 4 re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort and re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort and re-bid zone4...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select Resort and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $135.

I'd start with the above.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

I'd continue to bid as above, trying once every one or two weeks for the next 2 months.

However, in the meantime i would find and book a cancellable back-up. You may want to consider the Holiday Inn for $199/nite.

Keep us update or if you have any questions in the interim.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]