Need Advice for Car Rental, MIA 12/26-12/30

fox8592
By fox8592,
in

New to Better Bidding, but have been researching this site plus the bidding process with PL (thru SavingsBarn.com of course!). Need a rental car in Miami 12/26 - 12/30. Need a car for at least 5 passengers, preferably 6. Have been watching HW and other sites for deals for 3 weeks. Economy cars start at $85/dy, which is way past my budget, and I need Premium or SUV ($115+/dy for both) (mini-vans don't seem to be available). Off site from airport doesn't work because flight gets in after most off site offices close. What is my best course of action? I'm afraid what I can afford will never be accepted! Any advice is most appreciated.

Since you have time, you can try starting at $55 and increase by $5 every 72 hours.

Made a bid on PL for $69 for Minivan. Message returned that PL could not find any Name Your Own Price vehicle for date and time of request [12/26, 6pm - 12/30, 5:30p]. Could not go Back on browser so had to quit and go thru SavingsBarn.com again.

Made a second bid on PL for $70 for SUV. Same message returned - could not find any.....

But of course their matrix came up with one company with a minivan, and several with SUVs available to reserve.

Do you know why there are no "biddable" vehicles available? Does this happen regularly?

Thanks for your advice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]