Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Orlando (Universal-SeaWorld) Orlando Metropolitian Express

Shoe
By Shoe,
in

Used Savings barn link.

Tried 3 star at 45.00, did not win. Added 2.5 star and raised to 49.00 hoping to hit a 3 star. No luck and got a 2.5 star.

Orlando Metropolita PRICELINE EXPRESS Hotel

6323 International Drive

Orlando, Florida 32819

407-351-4430

Your Offer Price: $49.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $49.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $13.79

Total Charges*: $62.79

Second guessing I should have just taken the 2.5 star on Hotwire for 39.00. Have not seen this hotel listed on Priceline or Hotwire before. Their website price was only 69.00 making it a so so deal.

Looks like Orlando is pretty full with Halloween Horror nights down there this weekend.

you had at least 5 "free" rebids for a 3* in Orlando so there was no need to drop to 2.5* AND raise your bid at the same time. You may want to familiarize yourself with the free re-bidding process so you can avoid "so-so" deals in the future. Thanks for posting a new hotel and your win.

that 2.5* on Hotwire you saw is the Ramada I-Drive Convention Center (based on a car & hotel package search for this date). That's a 2* on priceline.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Here is the link that RunNGun referenced above: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Feel free to ask for help before bidding for your next trip.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I knew the wife wanted to be close to Universal and did not want to play around with rebids and miss out. Looked around some and everything was a little on the high side this weekend on the regular sites. Overall a room under 50 bucks is not bad.

I agree on Hotwire stars, usually on go with 3 or 4 stars on Hotwire. There rankings are a little low.

This is the first time I dropped to 2.5 on Priceline. Usually stay at 3 and above with them also. If it is not worth 49, then I will go back to the higher rated properties. Almost thought about the 4 star for the Peabody for 99 that I seen someone won, but only in town for one night and will not be in the room much anyway with the Halloween Horror nights.

Thanks for the response.

She wanted to be close to Universal. Can not rebid with so many 3 stars in Orlando as easy as other areas. Trouble with spending the time over saving another 5 bucks. I bid a little high to make sure I had a winning bid.

Leaving HHN at 2am in the morning and driving across Orlando was not a good option for 5 bucks.

She wanted to be close to Universal. Can not rebid with so many 3 stars in Orlando as easy as other areas. Trouble with spending the time over saving another 5 bucks. I bid a little high to make sure I had a winning bid.

Leaving HHN at 2am in the morning and driving across Orlando was not a good option for 5 bucks.

with free rebids you only add areas of town which DON'T have any 3 star hotels so you could end up only in the Universal Area. Even at 2.5* you had at least 3 free rebids so there was no need to drop down in star rating AND raising your price at the same time. You could have just dropped to 2.5* and lowered your bid and then used the rebids. It seems like you don't understand the free rebids which is what I was trying to help with. Understanding this is the key to informed bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]