Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Courtyard

Linz9900
By Linz9900,
in

Hi! I am trying to bid on a hotel in Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving weekend. I was initially thinking about bidding on a 3 or 4 star, but I know that the Courtyard Marriott and Springhill Suites North Shore in Downtown Pittsburgh are both 2.5 star hotels, and we really like staying in Marriotts. Does anyone know if these hotels participate in the Name Your Own Price part of Priceline? I see that I can choose 2.5 star for the Downtown area, and upon looking at the list of Priceline hotels before doing the bid option, these showed up as the only 2.5 star hotels in Downtown Pittsburgh. I didn't see them on the Priceline list here on BetterBidding, so I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten either?

Thanks! ...sorry for the rambling :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

All hotels reported to the board would be found in our Priceline Hotel List.

The hotels offered thru priceline's "retail" product and their "name your own price" product come from a different inventory. There is overlap, but you shouldn't expect to get a hotel simply because it shows thru the retail product. See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Also, note that there are no 2.5* or lower hotels <on the Priceline hotel list>... as Pittsburgh is a fairly inexpensive city for hotels, there is a decent chance that any 2.5* hotels have a higher price point than some of the 3* (or higher properties), especially during slow periods. If this is the case, then there is a chance that most/many 2.5* bids which have been made in the past were upgraded to the 3* level, since the star level you select is the minimum you are willing to accept and priceline will try to upgrade you first.

If you're looking for a lower rated hotel you may want to try HOTWIRE.

If not, what are the actual date(s) of your stay and what is your maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I know that there are no 2* hotels in Downtown Pittsburgh, but what do you mean there are no 2.5 star hotels? Both the Courtyard and SpringHill Suites are 2.5 star hotels in the Downtown area (I know because I'm from Pittsburgh, and I've stayed at the Courtyard before).

The actual dates of my stay are 11/22/07-11/25/07, and my max bid is $79 for Priceline. We can get a 3.5 star on Hotwire for $84, so I'd take that if I don't get a bid accepted on Priceline.

... what do you mean there are no 2.5 star hotels?

Sorry, typed too fast, the above should read (bold and italics is the added words):

Also, note that there are no 2.5* or lower hotels on the Priceline Hotel List...

At times $79 can be enough for a 4* hotel, would you want to try up to your limit for a 4* property first or is your goal the least expensive 2.5* (or 3*?) property you can get for these dates?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, typed too fast, the above should read (bold and italics is the added words):

At times $79 can be enough for a 4* hotel, would you want to try up to your limit for a 4* property first or is your goal the least expensive 2.5* (or 3*?) property you can get for these dates?

Welll.....you can add a 2.5 star to the Priceline hotel list! Would you like me to start a separate topic? I just got the Marriott Courtyard Downtown for $50 a night!! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]