priceline 28 day max rental?

spanishjam
By spanishjam,
in

Only by splitting your bid... but it sounds to me that you may be driving outside of the NYC metro area, which would not make this feasible if you're not returning until the 11/27. As well, note that many car rental companies have restrictions just how far you're allowed to drive outside of the NYC metro area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Only by splitting your bid... but it sounds to me that you may be driving outside of the NYC metro area, which would not make this feasible if you're not returning until the 11/27. As well, note that many car rental companies have restrictions just how far you're allowed to drive outside of the NYC metro area.

So you mean submit two bids one for 20 days and the other for the renmaining days? Does that mean I would have to return the vehicle to only then pick up another one ...or would I jsut keep the vehicle and not go back to airport?

Has this been done before? What is the deal?

Remember that if you're going to rely on your credit card to provide loss/damage coverage for the rental car, many cards limit coverage to rentals of 14-15 days.

No I am actually staying in the New York area but will be buzzing around alot. How can I find out about the lenght of time my visa or mastercard will cover me?

It seams they all have the same"best deal" which is an economy/compact car. Through these discount companies Enterprise has it for 966 bux....budget is the next best deal at 995 bux. If I go direct to Enterprise or budget the prices are the same as mentioned above.

Is there a way I can get a discount directly from Enterprise or Budget using discount coupons etc. bearing in mind I am picking up and dropping off at JFK airport?

Any suggestions on how to gt a better deal?

You can see if you qualify for any of the discount codes listed in the Car Rental Discount Codes thread.

If you go thru Enterprise or Budget please use our link to begin your purchase.

Most car rental companies don't require any credit card to secure the reservation and are cancellable without penalty (although i DO recommend calling them to cancel rather than just "no show" a reservation as it does help them better manage their fleet and other reservations) so, assuming it's cancellable, i'd reserve the Enterprise or Budget and then you can always try to better the deal as you continue to monitor rates. (use our Car Rental Checker tool to monitor future rates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
OK.....used the code and got my car just as you said using the code. That is a great discount to other rates I had seen. What is the dicount code from. Am I required to show a membership card or discount card when using this code?

Thanx szymon

This is a code from the American Airlines frequent flyer program. I have used it before and was not required to show anything, but if you want to be safe you can sign up for free at aa.com.

Szymon

• 3 months later...

will be picking up and dropping off at JFK ( march 3 - April 10) . I need a fuel efficient vehicle and will stay in tri-state area. Best rate from priceline was 27 bucks a day or about 1250 with tax in total. Using the AA code U072405 provided by SZYMON the total cost came down to about 23 bucks a day or with tax a total of 1077. That is great! Will continue to do my search. Any further help from you guys would be appreciated.

Am traveling to New York and will need a Economy/compact car. Pick up will be at JFK on Oct 29 and return on morning of Nov. 27. Can not submit an offer on priceline as they say there maximum rental is no more than 28 days. Is this correct? Is there any way to get around this?

Tried a 38 day rental with pricline today and it was possible. Perhaps priceline changed there policy recntly?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]