Priceline Hotel: 3* Helsinki Holiday Inn City West

theory12
By theory12,
in

:) No one has posted Finland anywhere on this board or the other one so I thought I would take a chance. It's just all of Helsinki 2* or 3* so very risky if you are set on being in city centre. I selected 3*, started at $75 and then every few days $78...then got it at $81. Direct booking was $108 so I guess I saved 25%-ish and it will be peak summer season. Hedging my bets that the Euro will keep rising : )

Looks to be in the business area/swedish ferry and near a metro but not in the heart of town. Which is ok, I think, as I will be glad to be in a hotel which is not a dump, as 3* usually can be. Nice tripadvisor reviews about how good of shape it's in. I can deal with taking metros and 10-min taxis to get to town.

Holiday Inn Helsinki City-West (not to be confused with the several other Holiday Inns!)

Sulhasenkuja 3

Helsinki, Finland

358 9 4152 1000

Amenities:

24 Hour Front Desk

Bar/Lounge

Breakfast Room

Remote Control Television

Direct Dial Telephone

Private Bath

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$81.00

Subtotal: US$324.00

Taxes & Service Fees: US$40.42

Total Charges: US$364.42

• 1 year later...

not really a special rate (with recent EUR-USD drop), BTW in Finland holiday season is over in August! :-)...

AAA Rate was 68 EUR excl. BF for low season days between Christmas 2007 and NY2008, no AAA ID asked even I'm member :)

As usual in Europe above prices are brutto prices!!!

Hotel is relatively new (2004) and positively different to US-Holiday Inns: Skandinavian designed tiny rooms, only queen beds for two but Sauna is - of course! - included in all rates. Location next to highway in office part and a bit out of city but to walk to downtonw takes 10min

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]