Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Pacific Palisades

UnrealCity
By UnrealCity,
in

I was wondering if people's experience is different if trying to escape the U.S. for the Thanksgiving holiday? It's nice to be able to go shopping and have things open if relatives are visiting during the holidays, but I haven't tried bidding for a hotel during that time yet.

Is there more demand? Should I try to bid higher? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I'm fairly certain you can do better than $155 for a 4* hotel, but how much of a discount you'd like for the 'unknown' of an opaque purchase is up to you... if you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Well, the idea of William Shatner looking over my shoulder is bad enough, but the idea of him calling me a "wuss" is unbearable. :^)

Is $110 doable?

I would set your maximum lower than that. When the cruise ship season ends, rates for hotels in Vancouver go down considerably. Most of the 4* hotels available on Priceline are available on non-opaque websites such as Skoosh and GTA Hotels for less than $120/night. For now, I would go no higher than $90. I might try the following strategy:

Start with 4* Vancouver at $65

Add Burnaby-Coquitlam and bid $70

Add Delta and bid $75

Add Langley and bid $78

Exit and start a new bid for 4* Vancouver + Surrey-Pitt Meadows at $81

Add Burnaby-Coquitlam and bid $84

Add Delta and bid $87

Add Langley and bid $90

Last year, $90 would almost certainly have gotten you something, but things may be different this year, thanks to the increase in the value of Canadian dollar against the American dollar. I would not bid for a 3* in Vancouver during the off-season; the savings are not worth the risk of getting a poor-quality hotel in a less-than-ideal location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]