Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Magnificent Mile, Streeterville - ID hotel?

iodonnel
By iodonnel,
in

Please be sure to follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this stay (unlike your priceline las vegas thread :) )

The above is a match for both the Sheraton Towers as well as the Wyndham Chicago so either would be our best guess... although i think the Sheraton Towers is a much more likely outcome.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, didn't realise I had offended on my past thread!

I didn't know what else to do bidding wise as my bids kept being rejected. After I made my last post on the Vegas thread and no-one made any more suggestions for strategy I gave up and booked with the Bellagio and Venetian independently splitting my stay to get the 'good' rates (got a good deal if I remember correctly). I hadn't realised I should have posted regardless of whether I made any more attempts on Priceline ... sorry if I offended.

This time around I have a 'back-up' hotel already booked (The Amalfi for $120/night inc taxes) but I'm keeping an eye out for any better deals - hence my question.

Do you want me to post what I actually do even if it isn't a Priceline 'buy'??

Thanks

Do you want me to post what I actually do even if it isn't a Priceline 'buy'??

Yes, as ideally all threads should have a 'conclusion'... it makes the board 'neater', doesn't leave future readers wondering if you were succesful and never posted back or if you gave up trying, as well as gives others an idea of what they may be able to do for their own stay when not successful with the opaque providers.

So we think the above is likely the Sheraton... dont' know how that compares to your current back-up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, Now I'm clear :)

Thanks for the ID

As for the moment I'll be sticking with the Amalfi - for the extra price ($18 / night) I think it's a better deal as it seems like a much nicer hotel.

If I do change my booking - Hotwire / Priceline or otherwise I will post here.

PS - the Amalfis rates for 'my' dates is a holiday special on a lot of the discount sites - when I e-mailed the Amalfi direct they offered to match the 'special' even though it's not showing on their website.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]