Hotwire Hotel: 2* Las Vegas (near Strip West) Extended StayAmerica Valley View

spiky30
By spiky30,
in

Hi @ all.

As I am an absolute newbie concerning hotwire and also priceline, I hope I'll get some advice here.

I'm searching a room for 2 persons in LV from 10/16/07-10/21/07.

The price should not be much more then 100$/night.

Changing the hotel on Friday wouldn't be a problem.

I thought the maybe I can get a nice 4* hotel for the weekdays and a 3* for the weekend.

Oh, I have just one request: the hotel shoudn't be too far away from the strip.

I already took a look at some hotel HPs and e.g. I like the Luxor.

I hope my wishes are not too unrealistic, I would appreaciate every help.

And, sorry for my bad english...

regards, spiky

Let's start with the first leg of your stay, 10/16-10/19...

I'm assuming you're "fine" with the Westin as it's in priceline's South Strip zone, and close to the strip, but not directly on the strip itself.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available (NOTE: Summerlin is not one of them). If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* South Strip...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* South Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* North Strip...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* North Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* South Strip and North Strip...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* South Strip and North Strip re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the detailed manual, I also read the explanation at the link, but I didn't understand the procedure, so far...

I looked at the priceline HP and saw step1,2 and 3, I've choosen South strip, 4* and offered 60$.

Then I had to enter my contact and credit card data.

What can I do as I don't have an US or Canadian address?

What does 're-bid zone' mean?

Thanks Toni

Only if its not avoidable.

for really nice 4* (e.g. MGM, Luxor) I would pay up to 120$.

Did I catch your strategy right that way?:

Select 4* South Strip and bid $60

if rejected add re-bid zone1 and bid $70

if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously, Select 4* South Strip and re-bid zone2 and bid $75

if rejected add re-bid zone1 and bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

and so on...

for really nice 4* (e.g. MGM, Luxor) I would pay up to 120$.
Since neither of us would know the hotel before your purchase, how can we determine if it's something that you would consider 'really nice'? :)

If you're not successful with the opaque suppliers, where will you stay? (how much will it cost)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What i would do may be different then what you would like to do, but it would be dependent upon the next best available deal if i wasn't successful with the opaque suppliers....

If you're not successful with the opaque suppliers, where will you stay? (how much will it cost)

If you made it thru all of the bids outlined above to $100 without receiving a duplicate bid message then you bid correctly.

Here's a few deals starting from lower quality (and price) and increasing to higher quality (and price):

Imperial Palace for $57/nite

Excalibur for $91/nite

Treasure Island for $139/nite

So if you're happy with something like the Excalibur then it doesn't pay to bid any higher... if you prefer something nicer than you should incrase your bid.

You do realize that The Palms and (i believe) Hooters are both off the strip? (for a first trip to Vegas i would recommend staying within walking distance to the Strip... the Palms is not)

I like The Mirage and that area of the strip, but it's out of your price range and i don't think you'll find a better rate than thru the Mirage Website (as they have pricing parity and other, non-opaque sites, aren't supposed to undercut their own rate)

Thank you for your comments on the location of the Hotels I mentioned.

I reviewed The Westins HP and think it's a good suggestion overall.

I retried bidding at priceline starting with 65 and ending with 105$ this time.

I was offered a room for 122$ what I declined.

What are your suggestions?

Is it realistic to get a 4* room for that price range (105$) via Priceline or Hotwire the next days?

whats the reason not to add the Las Vegas (Convention Center - UNLV) -zone?
You said you didn't want to be too far from the strip.

If you want to include this area you can try as follows:

Select 4* UNLV...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* South Strip...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* North Strip...

Select 4* South Strip and UNLV...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Select 4* South Strip and North Strip and UNLV...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105

My advice would be to reconsider your 4* for a hotel on the strip as i think the $10-$15 more than you've already bid would be worth it to stay on the strip... and is made up by avoiding a few taxi rides to/from the UNLV area.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

right now I'm having the following offers:

MonteCarlo for 113$ incl. 2xBuffet, cancelable

Luxor, 106$, cancel costs 48$

Platinum Spa for 116$, cancel costs 25$

+Priceline ?? $, maybe Westin

+Hotwire, 129$, maybe NYNY or 150$, maybe TI

What would you recommend?

regards Toni

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]