Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (South Beach) New Clinton Hotel

mtohio
By mtohio,
in

If beach is a priority than why not consider Hotwire, which will tell you (based upon the amenities) if the hotel is Beachfront, has Beach Access, or neither.

Let us know if there's something that peaks your interest with Hotwire (we can help or confirm what hotel you think you're seeing) or if you'd prefer to take your chances on beach access property with Priceline and we'll provide a recommended strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just checked Hotwire.

Only "on the beach" NOT "beach access" hotel is a 4.5* that is $339 per night.

At that rate, I think I can book the Mandarin Oriental directly.

Was looking to spend "up to $200"; but would probably prefer to take my chances w/ Priceine.

Are there a LOT of hotels which come up on Priceline in the Resort, 4* Category ?

Any bidding strategy would be helpful. What do you think the 4.5* Hotwire is ?? Even though I think that is pretty steep for a hotwire hotel, NOT during a holiday week/weekend.

Thanks... Michael

OK, i'm assuming you understand RE-BIDDING but if not feel free to ask any questions to avoid any mistakes.

At the resort level you have 8 re-bids available and at the 4* you have 5 re-bids available. This is how i would proceed:

Resort South Beach:

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $150.

If rejected then 4* South Beach:

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $120.

Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions. I didn't go as high as $200 because i think the above makes more sense and if rejected you still have one more opportunity to bid again after 72 hours. As well, i think i'd sooner take the 4* on Hotwire with Beach Access for ~$109 before i spent almost twice as much on a Priceline 4*.

PS- i think the South Beach hotel is the Loews

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the bidding advise.

Bid Resort up to $165, rejected

Bid 4* up to $100, rejected

You mentioned a Hotwire 4* at approx. $109; any idea what hotel this is ?

Stopped priceline 4* bid at $100, as from the way you mentioned it... seems like you think that the hotwire at approx. $109 is a better deal than continuing to bid up on priceline for a 4*.

Any further bidding suggestions... or should I just grab the hotwire ?

Thanks again,

Michael

[PS... used savingsbarn.com for my bids.... ]

Are you out of re-bids for the 4*?

A search on Hotwire now shows the 3.5* at $135, not sure if it will show the same for you or closer to the $109 i saw yesterday. Either way not sure what the hotel is, however, it does have beach access and a pool... and it is just for one nite (and i can deal w/ most anything for one nite).

Since Hotwire is a bit more liberal with their ratings it's probably closer to a 3.5* than a 4* which is why i think it pays to continue going Priceline 4* up to $120 or so... if you have re-bids left.

Update us as to if you have re-bids available and what the price of Hotwire's offering is.

OK,

I can bid again by tomorrow.

Please provide revised strategy for :

South Beach 4* and Resort.

As I mentioned, got up to $165 on resort and $100 on 4* during my previous bidding session.

Also, possibly provide a 3* strategy, in case the above doesn't work out.

Thanks !

Michael

I would first check Hotwire's offering and see if the 4* Boutique is still available for $109 (which it currently is). If so, i would stick with the gameplan above but do bid as high as $120 for the 4*.

If that failed i would then take the Hotwire offering. I'm usually not a fan of Boutique properties as you really don't know what you're getting, but if the other bids fail than i would give it a shot since it's only for one nite.

Let us know how you make out or add your own thoughts before bidding.

OK,

Hotwire shows a 4* Boutique for $145

a 3.5* Suite Boutique for $81

and a 3* for $55 [best value]

Let me see if I understand the "gameplan"

Bid resort again up to $165,

and if that does NOT work, bid 4* up to $100; but no higher ?

I could bid the 4* up to $145 [the same as the hotwire]; or do you think that on the average, I would get a better property for the same price from hotwire; and should just do the hotwire 4* for $145 INSTEAD of bidding priceline 4* to the same amount.

Please confirm.... and I will bid later tonight, and post the results.

Thanks again...

Do you have access to another computer (not on the same IP connection) or if you cable/dsl have a back-up dial-up service you can use? I am showing the 4* Boutique at $109 and only once saw it higher... your search seems to be coming up with prices $135-$145.

I'm thinking a search on a different computer (and using a different username if you have one set up with Hotwire) may enable you to see the lower price for the 4* Boutiqe hotel.

The Priceline strategy provided suggests you go up to $120 for a 4* property... but this is dependent upon you being able to get the 4* Boutique on Hotwire for $109.

Let us know if you can get the $109 rate (or there about) on a different computer, if available.

Finally got something.

Bid up to $175 for resort, with no luck.

Got this 4* on priceline for $120 + Taxes/Fees.

Not familiar w/ the property.... but it should be fine.

Details below :

Check-In Date: Sunday, April 25, 2004

Check-Out Date: Monday, April 26, 2004

Hotel Name: The New Clinton Hotel South Beach

Your Offer Price: $120.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $120.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $23.36

Total Charges: $143.36

Just a quick update.

As I often do, I verified the rate received from priceline.

Savings wasn't incredible, but I was finding rates ranging from $139 to $179 for this property.

Then, I did a final check on Expedia this morning, and they are running a "Expedia prepay special" for $109, which is less than the winning bid of $120.

I immediately notified priceline via email this morning, and received the following response in UNDER 6 hours :

Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail. We understand that

you were able to find a price of $109 for your reservation for $120 at

The New Clinton Hotel South Beach hotel at www.Expedia.com.

Our records indicate that your Best Price Guarantee claim was accepted

and that we have issued a refund. You will see this refund reflected on

your credit card statement within the next 1 - 2 billing statement,

depending upon your credit card billing cycle.

Amount Charged by Priceline(Excluding Taxes and Fees): $120.00

Available Total Charges(Excluding Taxes and Fees): $109.00

Total Refund: $11.00

It is so strange that my bids on priceline below $120 for a 4* were rejected on priceline, but I am glad to see that they made good on their guarantee, and responded very quickly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]