Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Wyndham

Seattle
By Seattle,
in

Search on HOTWIRE for 9/24-9/25 only. There should be a 3.5* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area with the amenities fitness, restaurant, internet, business, pool for $115. This is likely either the Sheraton or Wyndham.

Search for 9/25-9/26 only. There should be a 3.5* in the North Michigan Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast area with the amenities fitness, pool, business, restaurant, internet and tennis for $304. This is likely the Radisson.

If the first hotel is the Sheraton, it's about a 4-5 minute walk from the Radisson. If the first hotel is the Wyndham, it's about a 1 minute walk from the Radisson.

The Wyndham is superbly located just off Michigan Ave (Michigan Ave. shopping is a block East). It's a very nice hotel - understated, businessy, rather elegant. It is rated a 4* and falls into that category nicely, I think. The public areas and rooms are well-maintained and clean, in my experience. I have dust allergies and the Wyndham is one hotel where I haven't had an issue. The bathrooms are larger than most regular rooms in the city and there are a few other, nice little touches (an expensive desk chair, an A/C unit that tells you the outside temp)

However, the one thing about the Wyndham that I've run into is that the customer service could use improvement. Desk staff can be iffy. I've had a billing issue there once, so I recommend checking out at the front desk and confirming no charges instead of checking out in the room.

Overall though, I like the hotel a lot and am happy to get it via Priceline or Hotwire. I just try not to have to deal with the staff.

AaronJB, nice 'digging' on this one.

Seattle, good to see you around the board again. :)

Congratulations on your <partial> win.

I'm assuming that the Wyndham purchase was thru HOTWIRE?

If yo continue with the balance of your stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm trying to find possibilities for 9/25 and watching to see if any new inventory appears.

The Sheraton Towers has a 2 bed club floor room for $555 if your whole party wouldn't be against all sharing one room for the night. If you are a Starwood Preferred Guest member, you could try calling to see if you could get a 50% off coupon for 1,000 points. I'm sure they'll probably say it's "not valid for these dates", but may be worth a try if you have any interest in staying there.

The Radisson would be $459 if you tried to put everyone in 1 room (via Radisson.com)

Gentleman,

Thanks very much for your guidance and I guess we should move the topic to Hotwire pages since I ended up getting the Wyndham through HOTWIRE.

We dropped the last day of our business trip so just stayed the one night. I still wasn't having any luck on Priceline.

The Wyndham was exactly as you advertised. The rooms were large, with King beds and outstanding mattresses. There was an Aeron chair, desk, AC, TV, iron etc. The bathroom was very large and the room had a large closet space.

The hotel is clean and you're right about the staffing. It was decent at the front-desk but not outstanding.

Thanks very much for the assistance again.

Best to both of you.

-Seattle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]