Hotwire Hotel: Help for an hotel near NYC!

bbgreg
By bbgreg,
in

Hi!

I want to say that my english isn't perfect ... sorry french is my first language.

First time for me to this forum and it will be the first time also on Hotwire (I know, I will pass throught the special link!).

We are 4 girls who want to have a shopping week-end at New York, October 6-8. We are looking for an hotel where we can easily go to NYC (chinatown, little italy, Century 21,...).

I heard that there is a shuttle from Seacaucus to go to Manhattan for $3. Will it be a nice area to stay?

Or I see nice deal for a 3.5* in Newark Airport (maybe the DoubleTree)...

We have a limited budget, so 1 room is not a problem for us. For sure if we can have a room at $75(like the 3.5* in EWR) we will buy 2 rooms!

I supposed that if you enter 4 adults, the hotel will give you automaticaly 2 double beds, right?

So, to resume:

- check-in October 6 check-out October 8

- 4 adults

- hotel near NYC (a 20 minutes ride isn't a problem for us!)

- budget of $150/night

Thank you!

Christine

Do you have a car? I doubt you will get a hotel / inn room for $150 / night. Maybe a hostel but I'm not sure. If you will have a car with you, you should consider NJ or Queens, NY instead. You should be able to find a room for $120-$130 per night.

Oh yes, sorry. Regarding Seacaucus, the area is not great but it is reasonably safe. The bus may run infrequently on Sundays, otherwise it is a good choice. Try to find something as close to the bridge as possible.

Bon chance

Thanks for your answer Cart, but we have found a DEAL at the Affinia Manhattan for $156/night.

Now we will look for a cheaper parking in the area... $35/day is really expensive! I think I have read on this forum about parking for $15/day. It will be perfect if a can find the discussion about this cheap parking...

Christine

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]