Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt on the Hudson

506canuck
By 506canuck,
in

I have been trying for Jersey City for this date for a few weeks now with no luck. Ideally I would like the Hyatt where I have stayed before but am not too fussy. Hotwire has what looks like the Hyatt for $159, Hyatt website show a rate of $179. Also the Doubletree has a rate of $299, Courtyard is $169 and Candlewood suites is $180. Is it too soon to be trying for this? Am I correct that there is only one free rebid in this area? We are leaving on a 12 day cruise from Bayonne and would like to avoid the $16/day charge at the port. I have been thinking about the PATH parking lots that allow weekly/monthly parking. Any thoughts/recommendations on that. Is the car safe enough in one of those spots? Thanks.

I have gone up to $95 so far. We plan on spending the day before the cruise in New York and figured the Jersey City side would be more convenient for getting to Bayonne for the cruise. We would also like to stay in the same area when we get back Jan 4 & 5th but I haven't tried those dates yet but the prices look to be about the same. Thanks.

How high are you currently willing to go?

With HOTWIRE rates at only a slightly discount to conventional rates i don't think $100 is going to be enough (although i would suspect/hope this to change as you get closer to your check-in date). Not sure if appealing to you or not, but you could probably get a 4* hotel in NYC for this nite for just a bit more than you have already bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Right now I have a cancellable backup for $169 and I had considered the Ramada Limited in Jersey City which is about $130. (After reading some reviews I'm not sure about that one) I would say my max would be about $140. I would consider something in New York but it would have to be fairly easily reached from the New Jersey side as I don't really wannt to drive in Manhattan. Thanks.

wagmore,

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay. If this is for the same stay as your existing Priceline Brooklyn thread please continue that thread for your own stay... and include the dates. As well, i'd add the info above as to what you're looking for to your Brooklyn thread, as there's nothing in that thread regarding wanting a room in NYC or Jersey City, the impression i got from that thread was that you were looking to stay in Brooklyn (and not considering other areas).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Patience pays off, after trying on and off for several weeks got on first bid so may have got it for a little less. No matter, got exactly what I wanted so I am thrilled. used savingbarn link of course. Any suggestions for a place to park in the general area that is not too expensive and safe. Thanks for all the help.

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board... glad to see your persistence paid off!

I'll send you a PM later tonite or tomorrow regarding parking in the area (if you dont' get it by tomorrow nite please send me a PM as it means i forgot :) )

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]