Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (Times Square-Theater District) Westin Times Square

gotech
By gotech,
in

HI, new to the board...and to hotwire

I have found a 4* Times Square hotel with the amenities that make it look like the Westin. Can anyone confirm this? I am new to hotwire and nervous!

Here was a list of amenities:

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

My second question is that I have heard I might be hit with other charges (like $15) once I get to the hotel...is that true?

My third question is that if I book this, how likely do you think it is that they would be able to accomodate me with a queen or king sized bed? I don't want to get stuck on this trip in a double bed situation!

My husband and I have already booked directly with the Warwick for total of $996.00. But this is a special trip, and this 4* on hotwire that appears to be Westin comes out to $691.80 with taxes. I don't want to let go of my reservation to the Warwick only to find we are in a room with double beds, hit with extra charges, and regret the decision!!!

Please advise, and thanks so much in advance!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The above is a match for the Westin and that would be our best guess.

...only to find we are in a room with double beds
You won't be able to guarantee your bedding requirements thru any opaque supplier (or most 3rd party suppliers either... need to book diretly with the hotel to 'guarantee' your bedding requirements, but even then i've seen instances where "Sorry, the room type just isn't available"). You can see further information in the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

I was recently in a hotel room with 2 beds so i moved the nightstand and put the beds together... this was just a one nite stay and i did put the room back the way i found it before i left (ie- it's not housekeeping's job to move furniture around)

I have heard I might be hit with other charges (like $15) once I get to the hotel...is that true?
Not sure where you heard this, but was an explanation given as to what the charge was for?

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sadly this deal on HOTWIRE that I thought was the Westin is now gone. I don't know if any of the others that are pinned would be worth booking over my already booked Warwick hotel.

AaronJB, thanks for the idea about booking direct through the Westin, I will check that out. I think the Westin is a lot nicer than the Warwick from what I have researched.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not sure where you heard this, but was an explanation given as to what the charge was for?

I forgot to mention, that on tripadvisor forums, I was reading that at certain places considered resorts or spas, that travellers would book through hotwire or a 3rd party, then get to the hotel and they would be charged an extra $15.00 or whatever amount per night for a "resort" fee. I would be so mad if I booked through a 3rd party, only to get there and find out that I would be paying another fee! Not sure how legit this is, but it seems to have happened to some people.

The "Stay 2 days, get 1 free" deal through the Westin isn't too much more than the hotwire price you were seeing (for a regular room.). Plus, with that, you have the option of other rooms (you could upgrade and get 1 night free, if you wanted.) Essentially, it gives you the entire room list and the last night of each is marked free.

You could even book a Club Floor room for a little less than what you were paying at the Warwick. It would be non-refundable, though, but given that this trip is to take place in a couple of days, that may not matter. The total for a Club Floor room would be $938 for 3 nights.

While I cannot guarantee, given the fact that you are booking through the hotel website, I would think that you could also earn points if you are a Starwood Preferred Guest (free to sign up.) I cannot guarantee that you would get points for this promotion, but I couldn't see why not.

Congratulations Gotech! What was the purchase price, $199 a night? (That is an excellent value for a terrific hotel.)

Well, it was $202 per night. I must have missed the $199/night by just a few seconds, but that is just a matter of a few $$$. I can't sweat it anymore!

So now should I call the westin and try to tell them that I want a king size? What other requests should I make? Would I be able to ask for a high floor and a room with a certain view?

Hotwire and Priceline customers are generally allowed to make certain basic requests (although even that varies with the hotel.), given the fact that they are paying much less than what other customers are. You could ask for king and maybe high floor, but I don't think you could ask for view, as that appears to be considered a cost-added upgrade at this hotel.

If you wanted to see if you could pay an extra fee to upgrade to a view room, that's a possibility.

Give the Westin a little time to process the transaction from hotwire. Then you can call them and (very nicely) request bed type, floor preference (higher) and smoking or non- smoking. Although they may not be able to guarantee your requests, you can ask them to note it on your reservation for the check-in clerk. When you check-in confirm your requests (nicely again) with the clerk before you sign in. Let them know if it is a special occasion, etc...

Congratualtions on your win.

Thank you for using our HOTWIRE link to make your purchase... glad you received the hotel you were hoping for and are looking forward to your stay (i've never stayed here, but have attended a conference there, and it is a great hotel with a very good location... i think you did much better than the Warwick... and cheaper too :) )

...it was $202 per night. I must have missed the $199/night by just a few seconds, but that is just a matter of a few $$$. I can't sweat it anymore!
HOTWIRE uses a variable mark-up in their pricing to increase opacity (simple terms: so that the $123/nite hotel isn't always the Hyatt, the $128/nite hotel is always the Hilton, etc, etc) which is why you can see slght difference in pricing from one person's search to another. As you point out, when you're savings hundreds, what's $2-3... and the hotel could have disappeared entirely (as it had previously) while you tried to save an extra few dollars.

Great deal... enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]