Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Hilton Lake Buena Vista

passport_in_tow
By passport_in_tow,
in

Was actually trying for a 4* in the Universal-SeaWorld region. I was adding non-4* regions to my bid so that I could re-bid, and didn't realized the Walt Disney World region would actually succeed since it has "Resorts" (which according to priceline are considered higher than 4*, and are therefore also eligible when making 4* bids).

Started with $65 and $70 for 4*'s, but didn't include the WDW region in my bid until I made my $75 bid. Was then accepted in the WDW region to my surprise. I hadn't realized Resorts would be included in 4* bidding, so now I know.

Interesting! I recently stayed at the Hilton WDW and won it trying to find a "resort" in the WDW area. It's a nice enough hotel but it surely does not qualify as a resort or remotely compete with the likes of the Gaylord Palms, Omni, JW Marriott, and a couple others in the area.

Maybe Priceline has it under both 4* and resort or (hopefully) they removed it from resort. With the Hilton as a "resort" I am more hesitant to use priceline as I would prefer not to stay there again. It was nice but there was little that was resort-like about it.

Enjoy your stay!

Jeff

passport_in_tow,

Welcome to BetterBidding and thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board. As you've discovered, the star rating you select is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept, and priceline will always try to place you in the highest star rating available which will accept your bid amount.

Enjoy your stay.

everyshadeofblue,

Perhaps you could share your winning bid with the rest of the board :)

Maybe Priceline has it under both 4* and resort or (hopefully) they removed it from resort
This property currently is, and has been for quite some time, rated Resort thru priceline. There is no 4* bidding available in this zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]