Hotwire Hotel: 3* condo Central Strip??

dizy
By dizy,
in

This property has not yet been identified, but i'd be fairly certain it's slightly off-strip, and upon further thought, probably a timeshare property (of which there are a few in this area)

The price doesn't seem that great, and the main advantage (imo) of a Condo is saving money by cooking meals, which is Vegas is a moot point as meals can be had very affordably and inexpensively (if you choose... plenty of high-end restaurants as well)

I think better value can be found elsehwere. If you're looking for suggestions or a bidding strategy let us know and we'll research this stay further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick response. I am doing a quit bit of research for my sister who is traveling to Vegas with 5 friends 9/22-9/26. Location is apparently very important to them since they will not have a car. They are also looking for someplace with a nice pool area. She has mentioned NYNY, MGM, Paris, Mirage as top choices (for example), and the next tier would include Flamingo, Ballys, Harrahs. Apparently one member of the group has a strong dislike of the Excalibur (which I believe is coming up as a choice based on your hotel list). I think they are looking to go relatively cheap, but for a great deal on quality (4* I guess), they would consider it.

Not sure how many really great deals they will get as it appears to be a very busy time (checked your Vegas Hotel Finder tool, and many were not available for those dates). I think they already have a cancellable "fallback", though I'm not sure what that is, so I will probably just continue to check back for any last minute hotwire deals, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks.

All good questions. I am guessing 2 rooms (unless there is a suite situation), and I am thinking they will only declare 2, but I'm not sure. I will check on these tomorrow AM (she has been sleeping for hours!) with my sister, get her budget, and also find out what the fallback is. Then you can let me know if they can do better.

Thanks.

OK - here it is - 6 people total.

Current reservation is for Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Flamingo - 1 BR suite ~$205/night (but all 6 people plan to cram in there, so it is cheap).

She said if they can get a very good place (ie 4* with good location), they would be willing to pay ~$200/night (3 people each in 2 rooms, possibly only claiming 2 people).

If they can get a reasonable place (3* with a good location), they would be willing to pay ~$130/night (3 people each in 2 rooms, possibly only claiming 2 people). They would be paying more per person, but would not be so cramped as they will be in their current setup.

Let me know if you have any great ideas. If not, they will likely keep their current cheap, but cramped setup.

Thanks,

Dizy

Wow, this is confusing...

Current reservation = Hilton @ Flamingo = ~205/night *4 nights - all 6 people in one suite = ~$150 per person.

For 3* with good location, they would be willing to go to ~$175 per person (total for 4 nights), which if you split it up to 2 rooms of 3 people each, gives you ~$130 per night per room.

For a 4* great place with good location, they would be willing to go up to ~$275 per person (total for 4 nights), which if you split it up to 2 rooms with 3 people each, gives you ~$200 per night per room.

Still sounds very complex, but I hope I have clarified.

Dizy

Thanks for clarifying the price issues (i don't think i would have gotten that based upon the previous post). So i have:

4* $200 maximum per room per nite

3* $130 maximum per room per nite

The "issue" is that if they bid for a 4* on Priceline, they could potentially receive the Westin, which is not directly on the strip (and i'm assuming doesn't qualify as 'a great location', but you can check w/ them and confirm). Assuming the Westin is not 'ok', HOTWIRE may be the better option.

HOTWIRE does have a 4* hotel for their dates for $194/nite which, best guess, is the Planet Hollywood (previously the Aladdin). All-in this comes to $203/pp... does this work for their needs? (hint: search 2rooms/4adults/2children or 2rooms/4adults/4children which may help get them rooms with two beds each.. just don't have all the women go up to the desk at check-in)

Please use this HOTWIRE link, or have your sister use this link if she's the one who will be making the purchase.

Thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just talked to my sister. She will talk to her friends about this option, but she is guessing they will decide to stick with the original reservation over Planet Hollywood.

My sister is well aware of this site, and I have already reminded her many times to make any hotwire/priceline purchases through your links. I am sure she will do so if she decides to take up that offer.

Thanks so much for all your expert advice!

Dizy

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]