Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Downtown) Holiday Inn Downtown

mitty
By mitty,
in

I have used Priceline before, but I am new to this board. I noticed one one of the threads the suggestion that a newbie post what he's looking for, so that others will suggest strategies.

That's what I'd like to try. I am looking for a 3* hotel in the Portland, Oregon, area for a maximum of $45 for the night of Saturday, September 8 or Sunday, September 9. I would prefer the downtown area, but am willing to accept the northwest Portland, North Harbor - Jantzen Beach, or Portland Airport areas. I am also willing to accept 2*, but only at a maximum price of $35.

Any suggestions?

I would strongly recommend against bidding below 2.5* on Priceline unless you've thoroughly researched the area (or have no other choice). The chances of landing a poor-quality hotel at the 1 and 2* levels is simply too great in my opinion.

You might want to avoid the airport zone as well; the Red Lion, which seems to come up most frequently, gets rather poor reviews on travel websites.

Here's a fairly simple strategy that should get the job done:

Bid 3* DT $33

Add NW Portland bid $35

Add Beaverton-Hillsboro bid $37

If these bids fail, exit and start a new bid for 3* DT + Jantzen Beach at $40

Add NW Portland bid $42

Add Beaverton-Hillsboro bid $45

If you're looking for the lowest price on either Saturday or Sunday, you could have a Saturday bid in one window and a Sunday bid in another and alternate bidding between the two. Or, if you prefer to keep things simple, use the above strategy for Saturday, then try for Sunday if that fails.

first session - 3*

$33 downtown

$35 add northwest portland

$37 add airport (pdx)

$39 add tigard

ended session

new session - 1 hr later - 2-1/2*

$40 downtown and and jantzen beach

$42 add northwest portland

$45 add pdx

Holiday Inn downtown portland accepted bid $45

room rate on hotel website $122.95, hotwire 3* downtown lowest $61

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]