Hotwire Hotel: 3* Portland (Lake Oswego-Tigard) Residence Inn Portland South

GOMSU79
By GOMSU79,
in

I'm a long time user of PL, but never in Portland. I have interest in the Avalon Hotel and Spa as well as the Westin. PL shows the Avalon as a 3* with a booking rate of $149. Hotwire has the Avalon (almost 100% sure based upon Spa description) for $116 and I can book through the hotel at $119 on a summer special. What's the track record and outlook for this weekend?

As an alternative I can always go out to Lake Oswego and get the Crowne Plaza 3* for a good price. Thanks, this looks like a great site.

Hotwire has this room for $56 for Sept 6-9. Shows the retail as $149 which matches the Embassy Suites. Anyone have experience with this? I did a search and found nothing. The Holiday Inn is also a 3* but it's retail is lower. I would prefer the Embassy Suites. Just hoping to get some help before I book it. Thanks.

It showed a retail price of $109 when I checked. My best guess would be the Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego.

They are posting a 3* for 56 and a 2.5* for $114. Now the amenities make me believe the 2.5* is the Embassy Suites. As you probably know, it comes with a full breakfast and Hotwire is using that logo for the 2.5* and not the 3. I need a room for 3 nights. For Thursday they show a retail of $149 which is more like the Embassy than the Garden, but who knows how accurate that is and what specific time frame they are referring too. Although if you put in 3 nights the retail price does drop. I'll probably take one night and see what happens. I do have a back up plan. Thanks.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Now the amenities make me believe the 2.5* is the Embassy Suites

What are the amenties associated with the hotel you're being offered and trying to ID?

they show a retail of $149 which is more like the Embassy than the Garden, but who knows how accurate that is
You can't rely on the retail price shown... that is for a hotel in the area at that star rating, not necessarily the particular hotel you're purchasing.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was booked at the Residence Inn Lake Oswego for $56 plus taxes and fees. Hotwire guests get a Queen Studio, but when you consider the breakfast and reception that comes with a Residence Inn this is a great deal. Much better than the Crowne Plaza for me. Thank you so much for the assistance.

Thanks 'tilepusher'. You were right.

Congratulatoins on your win... glad to hear your happy with the results.

Can you please list the star rating, zone, dates, and amenities associated with the hotel you purchased... you can still view all of this by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page.

Thanks.

EDIT: i did some digging, can you confirm the information in the topic title is correct and the amenites are: Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Laundry

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
They are posting a 3* for 56 and a 2.5* for $114. Now the amenities make me believe the 2.5* is the Embassy Suites. As you probably know, it comes with a full breakfast and Hotwire is using that logo for the 2.5* and not the 3. I need a room for 3 nights. For Thursday they show a retail of $149 which is more like the Embassy than the Garden, but who knows how accurate that is and what specific time frame they are referring too. Although if you put in 3 nights the retail price does drop. I'll probably take one night and see what happens. I do have a back up plan. Thanks.

I ended up getting the Residence Inn in Lake Oswego for 69. Nice savings vs. the rack and with the full hot breakfast it was even a better deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]