Priceline Hotel: Jersey City from October 12-15

onemaybaby
By onemaybaby,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm doubtful you'll find success at $130 or less, but since you have time, i'd try as follows:

You have one re-bid zone when bidding 3* in Jersey City. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Jersey City...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

If/when that 's rejected post back and we'll update to try again in 24 hours.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

here is what I did this morning

Bid 3* Jersey City at $100

offer rejected

choose rebid zone elizabeth at $105

offer rejected

I know I am going in very low, but I have a refundable option for $150 night in Manhattan booked if I can't get Jersey City. I would prefer to stay in Jersey City as the parking is cheaper and I would get a better hotel for the dollars. Right now my hotel in Manhattan is a budget 1 star with shared bath. It does have great reviews, but none the less it is a 1 star.

Will post tomorrow mornings update

So I wasn't sure if I should keep trying my old bid or raise my price. I figure since I have a few weeks, I'd still go in at rather low, and then increase maybe next week. What do you think?

This morning I followed same deal as yesterdaybut did $101 for my first bid, and $106 for my rebid

Both offers rejected.

Will try again tomorrow.

Hi Again

I followed the same bidding strategy as above, using $105 and $110 as my bids and both were rejected. (i didn't read your post about going up to $130 until after, but I will increase my bid tomorrow)

one more question though, I thought I understood the re-bidding process, but after looking at a post on the NYC board I am thinking maybe I don't. It was post for PRICELINE NEW YORK CITY

I just don't understand the closing of the browser windows and how come that strategy is so long.

What I have done is bid on Jersey City 3*, and when my bid is rejected I add Elizabeth in as there is only 2* available there so essentially I am bidding on Jersey city still a second time without having to wait the 24 hours. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Stephanie

You can't follow the post you referenced since you only have one re-bid zone and are only have one 'acceptable' zone... if you were willing to accept more zones, or had more re-bid zones, you would be able to maximize your bidding opportunities by closing the browser and certain points of the bidding cycle.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking on hotwire almost everyday for this time period and they do not have any 4 stars in Jersey City available at all. If I change my dates I do see them. Does this mean that Hotwire has sold out of the rooms that they had in the 4 star hotels? Could this be why I am not winning on Priceline either?

I'm just wondering if I need to switch my plans a bit here.

Thanks

Stephanie

So I just did hotwire for each night individually and it appears that every night comes up available except for Saturday.

The strange thing I noticed as well is that most nights are $179 and the thursday night rate is $439!! YIKES!

On the actual hotel website as well the Thursday night is about double the price of the Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

What's the madness behind that? I always thought weekends were more.

Back to the drawing board for me.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]