Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Millenium Broadway

johnnyb
By johnnyb,
in

I think Im ready to start the bidding,

Never been to NY but we do enjoy going to Chicago since that is only a 4 hour drive. This vacation is a 2 week driving tour (with convertible) :~) I may be here bidding on DC also but need to get started on the NY stay. Obviously I would like the best deal on a 4* but would consider a 3*. My target price would be $150 and up to $200. I was about to start bidding using a recommendation from one of the other threads but was not sure why you would suggest starting with MTE on one and someone else's I believe you started with MTW? Anyway can you load up a bidding suggestion for me and my wife? - Thanks

Ok, lets stay with a 4* and bid up to $200 but hoping for 170ish

Not ever having been to NY I'm not real sure on the zones but it sounds like I would NOT want the downtown. So I guess the zones I would want are

Midtown East

Midtown South

Midtown West

Upper Midtown Central Park South

Would these last two zones be less desirable?

Upper East Side

Upper West Side

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and MTS...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and MTS...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $188.

If the above is rejected there is a 4* hotel in the MTE zone on HOTWIRE for $189/nite (your price may differ slightly)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did the full routine with no win. I see the Hotwire room @$189 but I actually am staying an extra day. So I am looking at $189 for the two nights then it goes up to $212 for the Sunday night, assuming this is the same hotel I could do that(chance booking Fri, Sat & then book seperately the Sun Night.). I think the three night request came up to $209 per night. Hopefully that HOTWIRE one stays there for a day or two as tomorrow I will try again with Priceline in the 160 -200 range

The HOTWIRE site was showing me availability for my dates 9/14 - 9/17 for $199 MTE. I bid Priceline just MTE and MTW and was accepted at the Millennium Broadway Hotel.

Bid of $185 was rejected but was prompted to increase my offer by $25. Rebid at $190 and was accepted. I used the SavingsBarn PRICELINE links.

Any thoughts on parking for those three nights?

Thanks for the help!

Depending upon how much the savings are worth to you, i would look at the Park N Ride options along the NJ Turnpike or the Bus Park N Ride in North Bergen (Select Hudson County and then North Bergen under the Bus/Park N Ride Terminals HERE for more info). However, i'm not sure how frequent bus service to/from the North Bergen Park N Ride is so you may want to to doublecheck that before having this be your final decision.

Usually i'd recommend the train station as you travel North on the Turnpike, but since you'll be continuing North after NYC it doesn't make sense to take the train south after your NYC stay. The North Bergen Park n Ride is really in the middle of 'nowhere' as it's under a big intersection of highway, but it's about 1/4 of a mile from the NJ Turnpike exti/entrance so it should provider easy-on/easy-off for your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]