Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Kauai (Poipu) Grand Hyatt

Wiggles
By Wiggles,
in

We're going to Kauai for our honeymoon Dec. 18-24th. . .

We can stay at our friends condo from the 21st-24th so we would like a place to stay from Dec. 18-21st give or take a day.

On hotwire, i saw 4.5* in Poipu $219

resort, fitness center, restaurants, laundry facilities, golf nearby, spa services, beachfront, pools, business center, high speed internet access, tennis nearby, childrens activity program.

I suspect this is the Hyatt and we would love to stay there. Yes I know its expensive from all the posts that I read. Do you think I can priceline this and get a better deal? And if so what strategy should I use? What other hotels have you seen come up on resorts for PL name your own price in the Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa zone? The Princeville zone is not clickable so not sure what that means. Do you have any suggestions for alternatives to the Hyatt?

Ok sorry for the bombardment of questions. I use this site religiously and always priceline when I travel and swear by it. I've been bad about posting my successes. So I will go do that right now while I wait patiently for your reply. Thanks in advance.

This is a match for the Hyatt so that would be our best guess.

You could try to beat this rate by bidding on priceline, but then you won't be able to target this property and will have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (Resort?) you bid. All hotels reported thru priceline woudl be in our Priceline Hotel List.

Let us know how you'd like proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

If you go with the above please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know what you decide and how we can help further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you made the right move. In years of watching, I have not seen the Hyatt in Kauai come up on Priceline (the one in Maui, yes, but Kauai, no). We've stayed there a few times, and I don't think many places are worth over $400/night, but for $219 it is a gorgeous place to stay. That's less than we paid on our Honeymoon 15 years ago!!!

Have a great trip!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you received the hotel you wanted and we were able to help.

I too think you did the right thing... as we haven't yet seen the Grand Hyatt reported to the board thru Priceline, and if you did bid priceline and received a different hotel while trying to save $20/nite... would it have been worth it? (i think not)

I agree that $200+ for a hotel room is a lot of money, but i've visited this property and it is NICE!! and this is a very good rate for this Resort.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]