Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy Help Request for Boca/N Deerfield or Palm Beach zones

dealmein
By dealmein,
in

I plan to use the Savingsbarn link to bid on hotels for part of our winter family vacation.

First question: We need two rooms - one for my wife and me, one for two kids. We will obviously need to have these rooms adjoining. Has that request ever been a problem when checking in? We are not that particular re: the kinds of beds, we can take that risk.

Second Question(s): how much should we bid and what should our strategy be for the following preferences:

First preference: 3* Hilton Oceanfront Singer Island (WPB North/ Singer island Zone)

also Ok: Palm Beach Gardens: Marriott, Palm Beach Lakes: Marriott

Second Preference: Boca/N Deerfield. We would like either the 4* Renaissance or 3* Marriott if we can get it. We would rather not end up with Doubletree or Hilton there, based on reviews.

There are hotels on the priceline list we would rather not end up with. What is the likelihood of getting the above, and what should our strategy be? If there are any other suggestions on nice properties in the area, please let us know. We want to stay in the nicest available, trying to keep under $150/room/night if possible. Re: location, we would be visiting relatives in Boynton Beach, so in the closest vicinity. (But no nice hotels there on Priceline) If we can get a hotel on a beach, that would be great and we would pay extra for that. Pool is a necessity.

I realize there are a lot of questions in the above. thanks in advance for any suggestions. If threre is other info i should provide, pls let me know.

We will obviously need to have these rooms adjoining. Has that request ever been a problem when checking in?
Yes, this could be a problem (even if booking direct)... it depends upon the hotel, the percentage of rooms they have with connecting rooms, occupancy levels, etc. If concerned, i'd be slightly more concerned than usual since this will be winter recess for almost all public schools, a prime time to take a family vacation to Florida. (so i'd expect occupancy to be high)
There are hotels on the priceline list we would rather not end up with. What is the likelihood of getting the above, and what should our strategy be?
If there are hotels on the hotel list you'd rather not stay at, you need to weigh the savings vs. the risk of receiving a property you really dont' want. If you received a property on your "don't want" list, would it ruin your vacation? Would the savings make staying at this property worthwhile?

Nobody can say the odds of you landing a property you won't or don't want... but if there are properties you're trying to target, or avoid, HOTWIRE may be a better option as you can often take an educated guess as to the property before your purchase.

Given the above (connecting rooms?) is priceline still an option? Given the hotels you're trying to avoid, would you prefer to try priceline or try to ID a hotel on HOTWIRE?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

when requesting 1 room for 3-4 occupants, is there anyway to know you are likely to get a suite?
You're not more likely to get a suite, but rather, you'll be assured of receiving a room that has enough sleeping accomdoations for everyone included in your HOTWIRE search.
when requesting 2 rooms for 4 occupants, does that means the rooms will be connecting?
No, as i mentioned aobve, there is no way to guarantee the rooms will be connecting. After you receive the name of the hotel you can call the property and put in a request for the rooms to be connecting, but this is just a request (as it is with booking thru any other means) and may or may not be able to be honored based upon availability. Some hotels are better than others that accomodating such requests.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]