Priceline Hotel: Fort Lauderdale question

Goofyguy2
By Goofyguy2,
in

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I'm not sure where else to look. I'm trying to book a hotel room for my parents in Fort Lauderdale the night before their cruise. The problem is that I don't know which Fort Lauderdale zone is the closest to where the cruises launch. Downtown? Beach area? Thanks for any info!

The Downtown-Las Olas zone, as well as the Airport zone, are both generally considered convenient for pre-cruise stays. You can use our sister site, Hotels By The Pier to see the cruise port locations, and then compare it to priceline's zone maps.

What are the date(s) of their stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks to both of you for the input. I'm trying to get them a hotel for 2 different dates (before and after their cruise). The first is Jan. 18 and the other is Jan. 29 and 30th, 2008. They don't want an expensive hotel for this little part of their trip so a 2 or 2.5 star is sufficient. I guess I'll go check out some hotel websites to see what the going rates are before I start bidding. Any thoughts on where I should begin the bidding? I just won them a 2 star hotel in the Orlando airport area for this December for $38. I hear Fort Lauderdale is more expensive?

I just won them a 2 star hotel in the Orlando airport area for this December for $38.
How about sharing the details of the win by posting to the board... maybe you can help somebody else who is looking for a room in this area for these dates just as you're looking for help for this upcoming January stay from somebody elses experience :)

Please use separate threads for each leg of the stay, as this will enable us to reflect the hotel won, dates, price, etc in the topic title of the thread. We'll use this thread for the first leg of their stay, Jan. 18.

If you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare! I posted my winning Orlando bid in another thread. Thanks for your assistance.

I'm now looking for a 2* hotel for one pre-cruise night for Jan. 18, 2008. The lower the price, the better since my folks will be in Florida for 3 months total! For now, I'd like to set the bidding limit to $50. We can re-evaluate if this is too low. I've already bid $38 to no avail.

I'm not that optimistic regarding your success, but we'll give it a try. There are no re-bid zones at the 2* level...

Select 2* Downtown...

Bid $30, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 2* Airport...

Bid $30, if rejected add Downtown...

Bid $35.

If rejected increase each bid by $5 in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask... keep up us update as to your progress.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]