Priceline Hotel: Vancouver 4* Downtown Sept 12th & 13th

Laukland
By Laukland,
in

I have been bidding for approx 10 days utilising rebid zones with no 4* properties and have gone up to US$130.00 per night and no takers so far. Will kep trying hopefully I will not have to go over my US$130.00 per night self imposed ceiling. Any other suggestions will be appreciated. I am trying for three rooms.

You do have some time before your stay to keep trying, but if you've already bid up to your maximum, your choices come down to:

-wait it out and try again

-lower your star rating

-raise your maximum bid

-SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID

I don't think you're too far off... within another $20 or so per nite should probably do the trick. Rates are a little higher than usual for your dates, although we have seen winning bids at amounts that you have already bid when rates are at the levels they are at (but have also seen it take more).

Do you have a back-up reservation? (if so, where and how much)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare,

Thanks for the reassurance. As of yet i do not have a back up (confident that I will get something on priceline via the savingsbarn link). I have some time to wait it out or I may as you suggest go up another US$15.00 or so and see if I get through. The other strategy would be to bid much lower for a three star in the Richmond (airport area) and then rent a car to get around. Will keep you posted on the outcome.

The prices do seem to be quite a bit steeper this year than last year?

Rates seem to be up quite a bit in Vancouver during this time. We have previously been able to get 4* hotels well under $100, no problem. This time, I spent a couple of months, bidding every night, no luck. I finally gave up and bid $145/night for a 4* and got Pacific Palisades for September 16 & 17. It looks like Westin may have opened up a bit, I saw a few winning bids for Westin today at $140-141 (wish I had waited!).

In checking the hotel sites, rates are up over $200/night. I think you might expect to pay around $140/night.

By the way, I'm still trying to get 2 rooms for 1 night in Victoria for 9/20/07. The best I've done is receiving counteroffers when I bid $140 or above. (sigh)

Ratse are tough for this period. I bidded again through the Savings Barn Link and started at US$120.00 per night utilising the other 4 rebid zones available went 130.00, 140.00, 145.00 and finally 150.00!! No takers as yet. Just as a reminder I have been bidding for 3 rooms at the 4* level in downtown Vancouver

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]