Priceline Hotel: 3* Buffalo-Niagara Falls (Niagara Falls) Crowne Plaza

hilltopfamily
By hilltopfamily,
in

Have been lurking, scouring, and now, finally, attempting to bid through savingsbarn.com link to PRICELINE for one night Niagara Falls stay on 8-9-07.

Bid $55 for 2.5* Niagara Falls, rejected. (couldn't rebid at 3* level as it was already marked as well)

Closed out, then went back in and bid $65 for same, again rejected.

Closed out, then went back in and bid $75 for same, again rejected.

Now I'm back to looking around, deciding if I want to keep with it or just book direct with a hotel. I see the Fallsview Inn is listed online for 101.04, or the Country Inn & Suites (which is supposedly brand new & quite nice) is $129 canadian with free high speed internet and breakfast.....may go with that one if this doesn't pan out. Just wanted to pass on my bidding history.

Thank you for passing along the info and for trying your bids thru the SavingsBarn.com links.

Please also remember, as per our support page, that we're an affiliate of the Country Inn and Suites... please use our link if you go that route.

Keep us updated in regards to what you decide to do or let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried (through savingsbarn link) $85 for 3* Niagara Falls NY (only want to stay in Niagara falls area). They rejected and countered with $22 more, which I did not do. Closed out window, reopened again and tried to bid (again through savingsbarn link) $90 but got message that it was a duplicate request so they didn't process (understand they usually do this unless you wait 24 hours, which I don't want to do!)

I've read about rebidding zones, etc. but would like advice before I try this (afraid I'll goof up and end up badly). What I want is: 3* only in Niagara Falls area (NY) for only the date of 8/9/07 to 8/10/07. Thanks for any help!

I've merged your two threads... please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Re-bidding is explained in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. You have two re-bid zones when bidding 3* in Niagara Falls (NY). Try reading the previous link and either confirm your re-bid zones with the board or ask questions... this will enable you to doublecheck your re-bid zones just before bidding which is vital to make sure you dont' end up in an area that you don't wish to stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Reread the rebidding zone thread (had done so previosly as well....just confused I guess!). Though savingsbarn tried 3* bid again in Niagara Falls NY for 8/9/07 to 8/10/07 for $80 since it had been a couple days since my earlier try. Rejected at $80 so added East Niagara region and increased bid to $90, which was successful. Got Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls, on Third St Total with fees ends up at $110.37. Crowne Plaza website had rooms starting at $160 plus fees/taxes, so I'm happy with $90! Thanks, as always, for assist.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you now have a better understanding of re-bidding... the old "give a fish... teach to fish" adage :)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for starting your bids with the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]