Priceline Hotel: Failed Savannah 3* Historic District bids for 08/03/07

Canes98
By Canes98,
in

Mere hours after one family member contacted me to bid for a hotel in Chicago for them (winning bid posted in Priceline Chicago category) another family member asked for help with a 3* bid in Savannah's Historic District. Their bidding limit was $80 for a one night stay on 08/03/07. I researched conventional rates, and they were all sky high. I let them know that I didn't think $80 would be enough, but that I would try nonetheless. I started at $60 and using rebids, went up to $80. All bidding failed. I note that the Hyatt, which is the hotel reported as being won most often at the 3* level in this zone, had a $299 rate as the lowest one available through their website.

Though I failed in my bids, I used the savingsbarn link in my attempt.

Thanks for trying thru the SB links.

So do they intend to pay the $299 at the Hilton? If not, HOTWIRE does have a 3.5* hotel in the Historic District for $230/nite. I didn't look to try to ID it, but if you think it's an option, i'll take a closer look.

I also searched EasyClickTravel but didn't find any availability.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the research on further options. However, they were only going to splurge on a nice hotel in the Historic District if they could get a low price on priceline. Plan B (which doesn't include any use of priceline or hotwire) was to stay at one of the many 2* type properties off of I 95 for the night before continuing their drive to Florida the next morning. They had a back up hotel booked conventionally for that purpose before they even contacted me. I believe they have now put Plan B into effect.

Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]