Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Kaanapali-Lahaina) Hyatt

jpw
By jpw,
in

This was my first time to use Priceline and BetterBidding.com. I'm verry happy with the results. This site helped a lot even though I didn't try using the rebid techniques described here.

My initial bid of $210 was rejected but it asked if I wanted to add $25 and submit a counteroffer. I agreed and my $235 bid was accepted. Orbitz & Expedia showed the rate was $351/nt for that period.

Hotel:

Hyatt Regency Maui

200 Nohea Kai Dr

Lahaina Maui, Hawaii 96761

United States

808-661-1234

Check-In Date: Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Check-Out Date: Sunday, September 2, 2007

• 4 weeks later...

Could you tell me how you were able to insure getting Hyatt through Priceline? I thought it only allowed selection of an area and a star quality, not a specific hotel. I'm asking because I've stayed at the Westin in Kaanapali once and was not impressed for the price (common area was nice, but room's air condition was moldy, lock was defective, etc) and really loved the Hyatt, so I'd like to be sure that my bid lands me at that hotel and not at the Westin nearby. Thanks.

Could you tell me how you were able to insure getting Hyatt through Priceline? I thought it only allowed selection of an area and a star quality, not a specific hotel. I'm asking because I've stayed at the Westin in Kaanapali once and was not impressed for the price (common area was nice, but room's air condition was moldy, lock was defective, etc) and really loved the Hyatt, so I'd like to be sure that my bid lands me at that hotel and not at the Westin nearby. Thanks.

There is no way with PL to know the hotel before it is won. Sometimes you can have a pretty good idea by others wins but never 100%.

HOTWIRE is a better option if you're trying to target, or avoid, a specific property... but still no guarantees.

If you need help with your own upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC and include the dates of your stay and other particulars (zones, maximum bid, minium star rating, etc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]