I need help on NYC IDs for Sept. 1-3:

1. 4* Midtown South $232

Boutique, Fitness, Restaurant, High-Speed

70 Park??

2. 4* Central Park $265

Boutique, Fitness, Pool, Resaurant, High-Speed Spa

Empire??

3. 4* Midtown Central $232

Restaurant, Business, High-Speed Customer Fav.

4. 4* Times Square $259

Fitness, Restaurant, Business, High-Speed

Millenium Broadway??

5. 3.5* Midtown Central $234

Fitness, Restaurant, High-Speed

Club Quarters ??

Algonquin??

The prices above seem high and i see other highly rated hotels, which are cancellable, a bit cheaper than these above:

Affinia Manhattan for $214 thru GTA Hotels (likley cancellable, terms will be shown during the check-out process)

Beekman Tower 1BR suite $218/nite

Eastgate Tower for $223/nite

Is there something in particular you're looking for or is price not much of a factor?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Price is all relative, esp. in Manhattan. I just want a great weekend with my wife while we bring our daughter back to school. Thanks for the recommendations. Your recs look promising as well, esp. Beekman Tower.

I liked the look and the location of 70 Park when I saw it last spring. Worried about The Empire's construction/remodeling issues, but like that location as well. What are your thoughts as to IDs of those five Hotwire offerings?

Thanks in advance!

Best guesses for each of the above:

1, ??

2. Empire Hotel

3. Sheraton Towers (??)

4. Milennium Broadway

5. Club Quarters

Please use this HOTWIRE link should you go with any of the above, or the links provided previously if you go with any of the other suggestions.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just a word of caution about the Empire - Im booked there to stay early Septmber however many of the facilites will not be operational at this date. They are having a "soft opening", with eveything coming online over the course of a few months.

There will be no in-house restaurant and no spa.

Im not too bothered about either but just wanted to let you know in case they were important feautures to you.

I was at Lincoln Center two weeks ago and the Empire Hotel building was a mess, as it has been for the past few years. If being right across from Lincoln Center doesn't mean that much to you, don't bid on this hotel. And, I agree, that the prices for all the hotels on your post seem too high. Try again or use Priceline. You can always get the MTE Intercontinental for a good price or even the Hilton on 6th ave. for app. $130. I booked the Helmsley Park Lane directly on their website for $265 for a Park view room as a cancellable backup. A beautiful hotel.

You can always get the MTE Intercontinental for a good price or even the Hilton on 6th ave. for app. $130

I disagree... plenty of users have seen bids require much more than this lately. To say that such rates are always available i think can give some users false hope in their own rejected bids.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]