Priceline Hotel: 3* Las Vegas (West of Strip) Gold Coast

vitasoy1437
By vitasoy1437,
in

i looked up the prices for the dates and prices are over $200/night.... maybe its the end of summer so every1 is going there??

I just saw another post that has the same dates w/ me...

i guess we are in the same situation... looking for 4* rooms on the strip @ about $150 (the lower the better :) ) per night... but for 2 rooms

should i just follow the directions on his page? or not because i m looking 2 rooms?

"Select 4* Strip...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105."

i have tried bidding on priceline 2x now... n havnt had too much luck in getting a great room.. please advise! Thank you!!

Are you "ok" with the Westin... which is included in Priceline's strip zone but a little off the strip?

i m wondering... coz i see Westin as a 4* on priceline and Expedia etc... but ppl dun seem to appreciate it that much.. so i just want to know how it is like... becoz westin to me is not really that bad... its still a brand thats recognized in the industry with certain quality level... so.. please advise...

as for the location ... i guess its ok.. coz i hv stayed at gold coast and stratosphere be4... and the distance was acceptable since i didnt use the strip too much to avoid the traffic... and as i remember westin is near those places? i think i drove by it be4...

The Westin is a little ways down the street from Ellis Island. Had the best $4.95 sirloin steak dinner there the last time we went. Steak and eggs for breakfast for 3 and change. There's an Italian place near the Westin which has a fixed price, all you can eat, I think, and if I recall all the wine you can drink also. I don't think most people spend a whole lot of time in their hotel rooms, so I would be ok with it.

People are 'hard' on the Westin as (in order of my opinion of why):

1) it's off the strip

2) it lacks the "flash" of the mega-resorts on the strip

3) the rooms are smaller than average

If you need a "basic and nice" room and fine wit the location... then it should be ok.

Read more and let us know if this is acceptable... then we'll look at bidding this area.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hmm... there are mixed reviews... but some main points on it would be nice beds, standard westin quality, elevators w/ problems, and the "kind of" dark decor...

so is there a high chance of ending up with westin if i want a 4* property on the strip.?

i was also able to find rooms for $169/night at ballys yesterday but raised to 179 today

ohhh... ok... and the westin is like cheaper than most other 4* on the strip... i guess it should be ok if i really get it

sorry abt the bally thing coz thats wat my friend told me.. n i just want to let u know what i got

and i checked that for the westin for those dates ... its $177.50/night...

actually i would take a 3* too if the price is low but first choice is still 4*

thanks

You have two re-bid zones available at the 4* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (NOTE: Summerlin is not one of them)

I'd start as follows and unless things change think you'll have a hotel within 2 days :)

Select 4* Strip...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100

If the above is rejected post back and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

List each priceline zone available for bidding in Las Vegas and the highest star rating available in each zone, using the following technique from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained to determine the highest star level available:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

24 hours from your last rejected bid:

Select 4* Strip...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120

Keep us updated.

• 4 weeks later...

Just so people know why the prices are so high this particular weekend, there's a very big UFC match on the 25th at the Mandalay Bay and the weekend before the Magic/Project/Pool trade shows. It's the biggest fashion trade show in North America and brings over 150,000 delegates from all over. Brands who are exhibiting usually come in on the weekend to start setting up. It is a very very busy time in Vegas. It also happens in February and it's also very difficult to get rooms then too.

• 7 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]