Priceline Hotel: 3* holiday inn vancouver

diamant
By diamant,
in

helloo.......

i hve never before bidded on priceline........i am travellingto vaocuver this weekend

july 27-29 and need accomodation right downtown. there are soe metrotown listing but i want downtown vancouve (holiday inn, renaissance, residence inn, or hyatt)

i hav read some of the posts but i really dont understand the process.......what if i bid and get stuck in one of the metro hotels......where can i bid on the hotels individuallly.................

any specific info will be greatly appreciated

thanks!!!!!!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can not bid on a specific hotel.

Start by giving this thread a read: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

After that look at pricelines Vanouver zone... can you accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded region? Then go to HOTWIRE and see their Vancovuer zone... can you accept a hotel anywhere within their shaded region?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you go up in $1 increments, you might not have enough bids available to assure yourself of a room. But the counteroffer indicates that you won't need to bid more than $122. I'd probably use the following bidding sequence:

New bid: 4* Vancouver + Coquitlam-Burnaby - $104

New bid: 4* Vancouver + Delta - $106

Add: Coq-Bur (to rejected bid) - $108

New bid: 4* Vancouver + Langley - $110

Add: Delta - $112

Add: Coq-Bur - $114

New bid: 4* Vancouver + Surrey-Pitt Meadows - $116

Add: Langley - $118

Add: Delta - $120

Add: Coq-Bur - $122

Of the above zones, only Vancouver as 4* hotels, so there's no danger of getting a hotel in another zone. I would recommend sticking to 4* hotels only if you want to be sure of getting something downtown.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]