Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Parc 55 Hotel

Steak2007
By Steak2007,
in

Always using SavingsBarn.com link. Thanks for this great forum!

Wanted USW primarily. Here is bid history (all 4* bids, "REJ" means rejected):

Union west $75 - REJ

Union west + Cath $80 - REJ

Union West + Civic $85 - REJ

Union West + South SF $90 - REJ

Union West + South SF + Cath $95 - REJ

Union West + South SF + Civic $100 - REJ

Union West + Cath + Civic $105 - REJ w/option to rebid for $22 higher

=================================================

I knew not to fall for their "offer" of bidding $22 higher. My next bid was:

4* Union West + Cath + Civic + South SF @ $112 ($7 higher) - ACCEPTED

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $112.00

Travel Insurance: $15.00 -- Did I accidentally select this?? I did not mean to

Subtotal: $336.00

Taxes and Services Fees: $58.96

Total Charges*: $394.96 = $131.65 average/night

=================================================

If anyone is looking for these dates, on HOTWIRE there is a 4* USW from 7/30 to 8/1 for $94 ($111.53/night including charges and fees). I believe it is Parc 55 also, but not sure. However the price increases greatly if you look from 7/30 to 8/2 (i.e. 1 more day).

I probably would have saved money using the HOTWIRE offer mentioned above for my first 2 nights and then bidding on Priceline for the third night. However I wanted to get this out of the way, and also to make sure I was staying in the same hotel for the duration of my trip (at least at my price of $112/night -- if that was rejected, I would not have gone much higher for the convenience, since this rate already seems to be pushing the limit of what one should be paying for these dates).

I recently stayed at Parc 55 via HOTWIRE for 2 nights (7/15 to 7/17) at $95/night, and was given a 5th floor king non-smoking room. View was nothing special. Bed was excellent. Bathroom had some leaks which caused the floor to be wet constantly - very annoying. I complained about this at checkout time (I was very busy during my stay, and it wasn't bad enough to warrant making a big deal out of it during that time). But all they said was they would inform building engineering. The shower though was excellent - very high pressure. Be careful on some of the streets at night - lots of vagrants within 1-2 blocks.

Congratulations on your win.

As far as the Insurance goes, the numbers of above (336 +58.96 = 394.96) so it doesn't look like you did select the insurance. If you took the above from the view source, the insurace may appear there but not actually make it "on screen".

Thank you for using the SavingsBarn.com PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes I did the math afterwards and realized that the $15 "insurance" isn't actually in my final total. But it was displayed on the page after I entered my bid. I believe it is only added in if you check the box that you want insurance.

A quick follow-up on my comments above on saving money: unless I got a miraculous $75 price on Priceline for 4* for the final night of my stay, I wouldn't have saved TOO much money by using the HOTWIRE offer of $94 for the first two days. Maybe still some savings, but not enough to outweigh the convenience of ensuring that I stay at the same hotel for all 3 nights.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]