Need the cheapest car rental at Tampa airport or nearby

elevensecondv6
By elevensecondv6,
in

Hello:

This site has been a great help to me in the past so I am going to try this again.I need the cheapest car rental at Tampa airport or nearby.Will need it for 3 weeks.What's the best strategy I should try??

Here is what I found out so far.With the car rental checker the price was $127.00 a week or $507.00 total.

With hotwire it was $18.33 a day or $536.73 total.

Thanks in advance.

Whichever company offered the lowest rate thru the Car Rental Checker i would book them as a back-up while you continue to bid... i have seen rates jump on me while i was 'watching' and given there is typically no cancellations fee when booking direct with the rental agency, i would do that to protect yourself from any rate increases. Please be sure to check our Support Page (left side middle of the page) to see if we have a link to the rental agency.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Called Thrifty and Dollar tonight.Thrifty quoted $478.65 with a Sams Club discount.Dollar quoted $464.10 with no discount.I asked her if they took Sams Club,AAA or Cosco.She said they used to take AAA but didn't anymore.She said she couldn't tell me what they accepted for discounts.Kinda like I had to guess until I hit on something.If I could find out what they accept I could save a little more I'm sure.I went ahead and reserved both for back-ups just in case.I will keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]