Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (Universal-SeaWorld) Crowne Plaza Universal

njsurfer
By njsurfer,
in

I really wanted a 3* hotel, but figured if I could get a cheap 2.5* in WDW or Universal that I would take it. I started with 2.5*, but after 2 failed attempts that kind of left me hanging, as there were no more 2.5* sites that I liked and 3* was no longer available for bidding by increasing price. I could have tried adding Sand Lake Corporate Park, but was nervous as I was too close to the 2* range and didn't want to find out that a hotel had been re-classified and thus leave me stuck in an area that I didn't desire.

So here's how my bidding went:

Started with 2.5* bid:

Tried 2.5* in WDW for $25

Added Universal for $30

Started new search for 3*

Tried Orlando Airport $30

Added WDW $35

Added Universal $40

Added Sand Lake Corporate Park $42

Added Kissimee $45

Added West Disney $50

Thank you for sharing your results with th board.

I could have tried adding Sand Lake Corporate Park, but was nervous as I was too close to the 2* range and didn't want to find out that a hotel had been re-classified and thus leave me stuck in an area that I didn't desire

It doesn't sound as if you're using the correct technique to identify your re-bid zones. See this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Also, there is a way that you could have still bid for a 3* after your 2.5* rejected bids and just have bid for the zone(s) you really wanted (ie- not adding the Airport). Feel free to ask for help before bidding. Glad to see it didn't make a difference as you received a hotel in one of your original zones anyway... all is well that ends well.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]