Priceline Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Waikiki Marriott

IanOttawa
By IanOttawa,
in

Looking at traveling to Hawaii for Honeymoon in October. Looking at staying in Waikiki for a few days and then traveling to Maui. Thinking of Oct. 6th to Oct 10th (Waikiki) and then leave for Maui for Oct.11th to Oct. 17th (Maui). Any advice on when to try and bid for the hotels and strategy. Would prefer something at the resort or 4* since it is our honeymoon..

Thanks in advance,

Ian

I would bid the Maui part right away. I would bid the Ka'anapali zone at a starting bid of $125 for resort level. I think you have a good chance of getting the Westin at $125. Waikiki is nice as long as you are right on the beach other wise its just another big city with a lot of traffic and noise.

Let us know how that goes and then we'll take it from there. To support this board it's appreciated if you start your Priceline bids with the link at SavingsBarn.com.

I bid 10/11/07-10/17/07 @ $115 with no counter offer. I then bid Oct 11-16th @$115 and got a counter offer to add $22 so I know you can get 11th-16th at least for $125-$130 per night.

Please let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your win as well as your upcoming wedding!

Do you recall if this was your first bid in the zone? (if not, do you recall the amount of your previously rejected bid at the 4* level)

You can try calling the hotel (or sending a fax, email, etc, whichever you think is best) and inform them that you're coming for your honeymoon so anything 'special' that they may be able do for you to make this trip memorable would be appreciated. You can also inquire regarding addtional services/amenities that the hotel offers so they realized you'll be a customer of their hotel and be spending additional money at their property.

If you're still assigned a city view upon check-in, you may be able to use some of the techniques in this Hotel Tipping thread.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This was my second bid, I tried $150 and also we were hoping for a resort.

Thanks for the info, an interesting thread for sure. We were debating on booking the Maui hotel as we want to get the Westin but don't really want to pay $365 a night. But we also wanted to ensure we had a room with a view being that it is the honeymoon and hopefully only do it once. I noticed today a lot of people have been fortunate to get the Westin around the same time we are going for a great price, $165 a night and 7 nights that is a great savings.

Ian

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]