Priceline Hotel: Need help on bidding 4* hotel in Niagara falls, ON

ramsi_2000
By ramsi_2000,
in

Hello,

We are planning to visit Niagara falls, ON, Candada during the second week of August (11th to 13th). Need some help in getting a good 2-night package with a BEST falls view. We are a family of 2 audults +2 kids. Appreciate your help in providing us experiences, tips and valuable suggestions on booking a hotel.

As the time is running out, I would like to book this ASAP. Appreciate your quick responses.

Thanks,

Ramsi

with a BEST falls view. We are a family of 2 audults +2 kids

Two more issues to cover:

1) If you're only considering one room, note that Priceline only guarantees double occupancy.. after that it's at the discrection of the hotel and the hotel would be in their right if they gave you a room with only one bed. Some users choose to take the risk, others don't and use HOTWIRE which does allow you to search for up to quad occupancy. For a further discussion you can see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

2) When getting the deep discounts of the opaque suppliers, you should only expect a standard room... if you're looking for a room with the BEST view of the falls, then you should probably book directly with the hotel and reserve the exact room class you're bidding for. During a peak period (summer by the Falls) you shouldn't expect the best (or any) view of the falls from your room.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Agreed, can't look out for BEST when trying to save money on trips like this. But if there is a possibility for better options then I would like to take advantage of it. And I am sure, this site is meant to get better than worst. In the past, we bid thru priceline and didn't had a problem with the kids. We were always lucky to get a room with either 2 queen or 1 king/1 sofa bed, which we are fine. Nevertheless, not all places are alike and we are open to take chance on this.

Coming to your que # 2, understand that it is a peek summer season and esp with holidays to schools, I can imagine the place will be full and chances of getting best prices are slim but any help to get the price down by 40-60% will defnitely help. Thanks for the follow-up and appreciate tips in getting us going in right direction.

Thanks,

Ramsi

Let us know your maximum bid and we'll be able to suggest a strategy to follow.

We are thinking of going to upto $100/night on a good 4* hotel in Niagara Falls vicinity and upto $65-70/night on a 3/2.5* hotel. Not sure if this feasible or not. If not, feel free to suggest good price range and strategy to achieve that price.

Rates at the 4* level appear to be quite high (haven't looked at the 2.5*/3* rates yet) that $100 will not likely be enough for these dates, but you can try as follows:

At the 4* level you have thre re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Niagara Falls...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previoulsy.

Select 4* Niagara Falls and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

If the above is rejected we'll then look at your 2.5* or 3* options.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am not sure...is that the best option?

It depends upon what you look for in your hotel stays. Some people value a good bed and the night sleep they have on it while others couldn't care much about the bed they sleep on and value a free continental breakfast.

What are the best rates you're able to see thru conventional methods at a 3* hotel?

Hi Ramsi,

Well, I try to bid up to $115 for 4* and $85 for 3*/2.5* and still get rejected for Aug.2nd. I really want something close and clean. I read a recent user said he booked directly at Country Inn and Suites and got a good deal. So, I went on (thru. the support page) to Country Inn and Suites and booked 3 rooms for 89.10 Canadian Dollar (CAD)/night/room using AAA member discount. This is for Aug.2nd. I just saw someone posted, in order to get a 4* for Aug.4, he paid $181 for Shelton Fallviews on hotwire. I also got an email from a very helpful user recently, she told me that she stop by the Country Inn this past weekend while she was there, she said it looks great, the hotel is only 8 weeks old, free parking, free breakfast and 1 block from the Fall. I was so glad someone just been there and share with me this information. Hope this help you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]