Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Downtown) Renaissance

luvs2cruz
By luvs2cruz,
in

Hi! I am a new user of Priceline and betterbidding. Thanks to all on this site for the wonderful tips and advice. I have booked a cruise departing out of Fort Lauderdale on October 2, 2004. We will be flying down a day early on October 1. The reviews and recomendations for Embassy Suites (3.5*) downtown sounds fantastic and winning bids of $70 versus $200 on their webste, even better! I also read about "bid now or bid later" and decided to just "try it". On Priceline, I bid $70 for a 3* Downtown, there was no warning message of too low, and then I got a message that for $22 more (one time rebid) they could probably find me a room, so I rebid $92 (still thinking this is a great deal). Congratulations! Your bid has been accepted and upgarded to a 4* hotel to the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale at 1617 Se 17th Street! So, $92.00 plus $17.77 Taxes and Service Fees for a total of $109.77. Please tell me I still did ok!? I wasn't expecting an acceptance so quickly and probably could have done better??????? Any reviews?

Are you happy with your bid? Then you did ok especially when the hotel's website shows $200! FYI, for your next trip/bid- Priceline will often times accept an offer between your initial bid and their counter offer using free re-bids (2 when bidding for a 3* in DT Ft. L.) or waiting 72 hrs. I've seen offers accepted around $80/nite. Other folks can add their advice too.

Plz let us know how your stay goes, whether the hotel allows parking for free or fee while folks are cruising (even though you aren't driving in). We enjoy cruising out of Ft. L and some hotels allow FREE parking while cruising. :)

Yes, I am happy with the $92.00! From what I have found so far, the hotel sounds very nice! Thanks for the FYI, I really appreciate the information and will try it next time! I certainly will post my experiences upon our return October 9. Kind regards to all, happy bidding, happy sailing!!!

Congratulations! I'm sure you will enjoy the hotel. I live in the area part time and can tell you it is a beautiful property. You'll be withing walking distance of the 17th Street Causeway from which you will be able to watch your ship come in. You've got a supermarket not too far away, and the area has tons of restaurants within walking distance. It's a safe area where you won't have to worry about much if you decide to take a walk at night. It's a towering hotel with excellent views... If you end up on one side you'll face the Intracoastal Waterway and the ocean, and on the other side you'll have views of downtown. ENJOY YOUR STAY!!!

DeltaPurser :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your first winning bid! :)

I too have heard great things about this hotel and can't add much more than has already been posted.

You accepted Priceline's counteroffer and this can almost always be under-cut. If you want to know more about counteroffers you can here: PRICELINE SUGGESTS PRICE TO BID. So you may be able to have gotten this a few dollars cheaper, but why quibble over a few dollars when you're saving over $100!

Enjoy your stay and thanks for posting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sorry for another question, but since I am new to this, what do I need to do next? Just a little nervous paying for this room 6 months in advance. Do I need to confirm with the hotel as our arrival approaches? Do we request (and when) the room arrangement that we want? (i.e. King, smoking, port view, etc.)

Thanks again for all of your help!

No matter how you book, it's always a good idea to confirm that the hotel has your reservation... inifnately easier to solve problems while you're at home than while you're standing at the check-in desk.

This thread can give you other suggestions and recommendations: AFTER BIDDING INSTRUCTIONS

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Don't be nervous about paying for a hotel room 6 months in advance! You have already paid for it! Your charge card has already been hit by PL for your stay.

I usually contact the hotel directly shortly after my offer has been accepted by PL. I ask them kindly to input in the room record our preferences. I've been lucky and got what we wanted.

Good luck! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]