Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help? Chicago 7/20 - 7/22

doconner
By doconner,
in

I've tried several bids over the last few days with my most recent rejection ending at $115 for a 4* for NMA + Loop + Midway. (Actually, it may have been a boutique at that price)

Seeking room for: 2 People, 1 bed

Prefer 4* have yet to try 3* and would probably like to avoid.

Upper limit on bidding is probably around $130

I just did a quick search for conventions and saw the following:

Jul 19-25

The Chicago Market: Living and Giving

The Merchandise Mart

Delegates: 21,000

Jul 19-21

Women of Faith - Amazing Freedom

Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro

Delegates: 10,000

Jul 20-23

La Leche League International - 50th Anniversary Conference

Hilton Chicago

I suppose that could be the reason bids are being rejected. I've never had to bid so highly in Chicago before.

Should I just drop my star rating to 3* and lower my bid, or am I likely to get a 4* with a slightly higher bid?

I'm also curious the 3* Embassay Suites still shows up on the hotel listing, how often does that return as a winning bid. I got that once several years ago, and was quite happy with it. However, in my few visits back to the site since then, it seems quite rare that it shows up as a winning location.

Thanks,

Duane

P.S. I've been doing my bids through the SavingsBarn link.

Thank you for using the SavingsBarn PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

With only 3 days before your check-in date i would take some sort of action in order to secure a hotel room... either lowering your star level, raising your bid amount, or choosing another nearby zone which may still be acceptable for your needs.

Given current rates, it may even be tough to get a 3* at amounts you have already bid.

Keep us updated and/or let us know how we can help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, this was sort of a last minute trip decision. Chicago is just a 4 hour drive from where I live, so if I can't get a decent deal on a hotel, I'll just head up on another weekend. My expectations were that a I would be able to snag a last minute deal, for untaken rooms, but that isn't turning out to be the case.

Today I bid up to $158 on boutiques and was rejected. I mistakenly tried boutiques first. Although I knew that Boutiques would not be upgraded to 4*, I didn't realize that bidding on boutiques first would prevent me from bidding on 4*. Live an learn, I guess...

I do have a question trying to identify a HOTWIRE hotel though, if you don't mind. I'm seeing a hotel on Hotwire with the following info:

7/20/07 -> 7/22/07 $158

3-star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast

Fitness Center - Restaurant(s) - Business Center - Laundry Facilities - Kitchenette

However, I can't find anything that seems to match this on the Hotwire Hotel list.

I have yet to go through some priceline bids at 3*, and will likely give that a shot first. However, depending if we can figure out what hotel this is, I may just book it.

Thanks,

Duane

This property has not yet been identified, but best guess would be the Seneca Hotel and Suites which seems like a pretty good fit. Here are some reviews of the property.

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]