Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Embassy Row) Omni Shoreham

HiFiGuy
By HiFiGuy,
in

Hotwire was showing $88 for (really probably) this property.

I first bid $65 in Convention Center, then added this area and raised my bid $5 (ok, so that might not've been the optimal bidding strategy, but it is 4 am. Perhaps my purpose in life is to let people know of my mistakes.)

I did run over to the Omni Hotels website to sign up for their Select Guest program, but they say that "You will receive your card and welcome package 3 weeks after your first stay." Hmm.

(And $24-ish charge for parking? Typical for the area, but... aaah!)

If you don't get your card at least print off your ID number and show it to them at check-in. That should be sufficient.

And ask for an upgrade, you may get lucky.

I got a great room and a minimum free juice and coffee delivered by room service in the morning.

The Shoreham is a great hotel and you got a great price. I can't wait to get back there.

You should enjoy it.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board.

The Welcome Packet comes a few weeks after your first stay (i just recently had my first stay) but your account number is "live" and you can call the hotel and ask them to attach your number to your reservation. I forgot about the beverage, but you do get free internet access, which was main objective.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]