Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) The Benjamin

mickeytheshoe
By mickeytheshoe,
in

3/15-3/21

hi love the site. just joined. am interested in finding a 4* in MTE for st patricks week next year(08). i was just wondering whether anyone thinks i should try book early as in now, or wait til closer to the time in order to get a better price. any help would be much obliged.

thanx owen

Welcome to Betterbidding :)

Look at this FAQ to possibly find the answer.

As you have plenty of time :) I'd research this site looking at the FAQ's and learning how to bid on both PL and Hotwire.

Look at the option of staying in New Jersey if that suits your plans.

Don't forget the Maps, information there is invaluable.

At this very early stage, it's worth booking a cancellable back up at a hotel that would suit you if needs be.

I usually plan my trips way in advance and won a PL bid in San Fransisco for New Years eve 10 months in advance.

Your still a few days early to able to use priceline or HOTWIRE (needs to be within 330 days of your check-out date)

However, i did find the Beekman Tower for $193/nite for the above dates. There is a rate change over the course of your stay, so you'l need to make two separate purchases:

$209/nite for 3/15-3/18

$176/nite for 3/18-3/21

Average: $193/nite

(PLEASE use our link for each purchase... after making the first purchase, please return here and click our link again to begin your second purchase)

This is cancellable up until a few days before yoru check-in date so it gives you a good deal yet also the flexibility to continue to try the opaque suppliers over the course of the next year... and the reviews are good too.

Would this work as a back-up for you?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for that. sounds like a very good price. read the tripadvisor reports and very pleasing. i have tried upto 160 dollars so far for mte using the rebid system. at least i have time to keep on top of it. one question im not sure what link to use for the beekman to book it

• 2 months later...

hiya was looking at different dates b4 but am confirmed for the above dates. hopefully closer to my dates ill get a good deal thru hotwire or priceline but am looking at a backup at the moment. was looking thru gta and found the beekman for 158 (studio) and 176 (1bed) plus taxes. this is a great priceline as far as i can tell but what i cant work out are these prices cancellable because it doesnt say. also if i check for a double bed i gets these prices and twin beds are a lot more expensive.does this happen a lot. a double bed is what i want but if twins tend to be cheaper i wouldnt mind.

any help would be much appreciated

GTA Hotels states that "the vast majority of their offers are cancellabel but the terms of your particular property will be shown during the check-out process" (paraphrased)

Please use our GTA Hotels link to book if you go that route.

If for some reason that property is not cancellable, you can also book the Beekman Tower for $10/nite more than the prices above... but there is no booking fee so the difference is actually much less than that.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...

its been a while following up on this tab but i have now started to keep a daily eye on this vacation as it is getting close.

update i have the eastgate as back up for $963 from sat 3/22 - wed 3/26 which is a decent price. but this morning i saw a 4star times square hotel for $219 plus fees. i think it is the westin but was hoping for a second opinion. the hotel seems lovely so i hope it is.

Details for your 4-star hotel in Times Square - Theatre District

fitness ; business ; restaurant ; internet ; spa

219 per night

142 fees

1018 overall.

any help is appreciated.

great news

was just messing about on priceline and had $170 rejected for times square on 3/22-3/26

i added mte as a zone and increased to 190 which to my utter shock was accepted

we got the benjamin on 50th and lexington and we are really happy.

its 369 on regular bookings.

thanx for all the help.

now i only have to find one for vegas from 3/26 - 3/29

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]