Help with last minute airfare on Priceline

tressa_mae
By tressa_mae,
in

Ok, so I am new to Priceline and I plan on bidding tomorrow for airfare from Atlanta to Paris. I know it is very last minute because I plan on leaving July 12 which is in 4 days but I just found out that I will be able to go. Is Priceline a good choice for buying airfare? It is the only airfare that seems that it would fit in my budget. I am staying for 3 weeks in Paris and I already have a place to stay and transportation so I don't need advice on that. I just need to know any information that might be helpful in my bidding and if anyone else has used it and the positive/negative experiences they had. Please help!

It can't hurt to try priceline for your trip. Priceline does have a surcharge for using their service, roughly around $15 per ticket on top of what you bid. Because the flight can leave first thing in the morning or late in the evening, many people don't want the hassle of getting an inconvenient flight.

For preparation, get 3 or 4 conventional fares from Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia...(Probobly about $1500 RT), then try to bid with 25% off and see what happens. With advance purchase, the ATL-CDG fares are still 1,108. It's still very expensive because it's summer travel, but you can save a few hundred if you have to leave on July 12.

Good Luck

P.S. my fare check showed the prices were much higher than i originally thought, hence the revise..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]