Priceline Hotel: 3* San Juan Normandie

Lynn Thomas
By Lynn Thomas,
in

Looking to book 2 rooms for 1 night - Nov 16th. Current offer on hotwire is $113. Description is:

Near Beach

Restaurant

Laundyr Facilities

Pool(s)

Business Center

Does this sound like the Normandie?

Also, I have a question on the location as far as how big San Juan is considered. On priceline there were about 6 areas (San Juan, Dorado, Cabo Rojo etc..). On hotwire I see A (San Juan), B(Rio Grande) and C(Dorado). I guess I am trying to figure out how many areas A (San Juan) covers?? In looking at the map it appears it could be very far away from San Juan itself, is that correct?

Thanks.

This is a match for the Park Plaza Normandie so that would be our best guess.

In comparing the priceline zone vs. the HOTWIRE zone they are fairly similar in spanning east to west, but the HOTWIRE zone does go a bit more inland. The Priceline zones cover the entire island, while searching 'san juan' in HOTWIRE only shows the north and east zones (for example, if you wanted to see the Isabela zone on hotwire you would have to enter that as the city and you would see that zone... but not the San Juan zone)

Also, just when you say "it could be very far away from San Juan itself" and based upon the above i would say that is not true... but it could be far from Old San Juan, if that is what you're refering to. In this regard, your hotel could be in the Isla Verde section, which is still part of San Juan, although not what i woudl describe as 'close' to Old San Juan (if that is what you're looking for)

Please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid $90 on Priceline tonight, 3 star, San Juan and was awarded the Normandie hotel for one night in Nov. I am very pleased with the hotel, but I did read that the hotel will be closed for renovations Oct-Dec. I contacted the hotel directly and they indicated they will be closed but the timing is not finalized yet, but they were pretty sure Nov would be closed. I have an email into Priceline to see if they are aware.

Lynne,

According to an old press report, The Hotel Normandie underwent an 8 million dollar renovation in December of 2005. This is really weird that the hotel would be closed for more renovations in less two years. I too will send an email to Priceline.com. Let me know when you get an answer.

Priceline contacted the hotel and was assured that no revovations will be going on during our stay in Novermber.

I have learned that the Hotel Normandie has been sold the the W Hotel Chain and will be doing some renovations, but no firm decision on a starting date has been made. After the date is known the hotel will make arrangements at another hotel of equal or better quality if the renovation interferers with any reservations.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]