Priceline Hotel: Help: NYC New Years Eve

dolphin89
By dolphin89,
in

Hi, Dear Administrator, Thank you for replying my questions. I like this website a lot. I have shared this website with many of my friends who are afraid of using PriceLine.

My wife and I lived in NYC for 5 years (but it was more than ten years ago). It is an exciting city. Now we want to go back to experience the

Thanks,

Now my questions are

1) Are there actually rooms atill available for these two days from these hotels?

2) what price should I start with now?

3) if I include 3*, then what is the bidding plan? ( I noticed that Sheraton NY hotel/towers is under the 3* list, however, I remember there are two Sheratons at the same block, which one is which?).

Thanks,

dolphin

Please hit the REPLY button on the bottom right instead of hitting QUOTE in the top... it makes the thread easier to read if the entire message above is not quoted.

As i stated above, the Marriott is rumored to have gone thru all their current Priceline inventory, no way of knowing for sure without somebody getting rejected or accepted at a given price level. If there are rooms available at your price or lower you will be accepted, if not, you will be rejected.

There is a 4.5* Hotwire hotel available for $157 in the MTE zone, so i'm thinking that if you raised the possibility of bidding as high as $140 on Priceline you will likely be successful. However, i don't recommend you try to get fancy with this as i'm fairly certain rates like this will disappear rather quickly (and if this hotel disappears i think you're looking at prices $200+).

If you're willing to go as high as $140, i would bid as follows:

4* MTW

Bid $110, if rejected add MTE and

Bid $120, if rejected add UM/CPS and

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $140

If you're not willing to go as high as $140 and would rather try for 3* you're free to do so, but i don't know if it will help much as i think the low rate of this MTE hotel (and the prior rate at the Marriott) are more of a 'fluke' than reality. Just wait until October and you'll see what these hotels are asking and the prices that people are getting rejected for!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

bidding update (rejected):

I did following today. However, my offers were rejected.

My bidding history was (I aimed on MTW only, because I donot like the east site of the middle town much).

$110 for MTW; rejected;

$115, added UM/CP, rejected;

$120, added UWS, rejected;

$130, added UES, still rejected.

I do not want added too much $$ on top right way. I remember someone got five nights at X'msa weekend at Hilton for $95 per night (that bid was acceptted in Nov.!). I do not know how that could happen. I guess I will wait (I could be wrong). but bidding is fun itself.

thanks.

I recall that $95 Hilton post and if you read it carefully you'll see that the intended stay was much longer. The user was able to use Priceline for the 5 days before Xmas but was unsuccesful for the dates post-Xmas.

I think this HOTWIRE NEW JERSEY thread for New Year's Eve, which started as a NY thread, is a better indication of what you'll be up against as your dates draw closer than the pre-Xmas stay you referenced. There are a few other failed NYE bids on the board but this is the one i remembered and was quickly able to find and link.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]