Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) W New York

smackie3000
By smackie3000,
in

Rather complicated.

Bidded up $200 (ultimate max) for 20-24 July but still nothing! Won't you believe it?!

So decided to split the bids up to 2 days.

Started at $130 rejected

then $145 accepted for W New York! Couldn't believe it would be that easy!

Hoping to get an extension but to my surprise got rejected....

So bidded for my other half but due to duplication (the extension bid) I stupidly bidded for one day and got accept again at $145

Praying as I scrolled down and it's not W New York (NO!)! They gave me Grand Hyatt New York. Tried extending another night but got counteroffered $321+tax - as us Brits would say 'piss off!

Luckily I was going to use Grand Hyatt as my backup and got a good deal for their Regency Club room for $320 with breakfast & snack in the evening and other facilities not available for normal delux kings - a bit extravagant but was going to treat myself on the last day. Rack rate $450

Not over the moon with the split but happy with it over, especially was prepared to flash out $200 per room per night on Priceline.....

Week days certain a tough cookie to get....

Glad you got this settled and are happy with the results.

Please use only one win per thread (so that the Priceline Maps 'recent wins' link work as intended). We'll use this thread to reflect your stat at the W New York... please start a NEW TOPIC to reflect the second half of your purchase.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]