Priceline Hotel: Need help getting Westin through Priceline

maigret
By maigret,
in

I'm going to Seattle in May and again in June, and I'd like to book the Westin through Priceline. In the last several trips to Seattle, I have bid roughly $80 per night, 4-star on Priceline and have been booked at the Sheraton. I've gotten the Westin in the past, but recently it seems like Priceline may have dropped that hotel. The Sheraton is nice, but I prefer the Westin. Any help appreciated.

This is one of those cases where you really want the more expensive hotel...

I know from TOBB that the Sheraton usually goes on Priceline for somewhere between $75-80, while the Westin goes for around $90-110. As am sure you are aware, bidding a higher price is in no way a guarantee of getting the more expensive hotel. Your only way to ensure you'd get the Westin in this case would be if the Sheraton was sold out and your bid was high enough to be accepted at the Westin.

Am I right, or am I right? :)

You leave me no choice... you are right! :)

Maigret, Welcome to BetterBidding!

Give this thread a read: TIPS PRICELINE - Don't Bid Higher for a Specific Hotel (the second half of the thread gets a bit more technical than you probably care, but the first few posts answers your question)

When using Priceline and Hotwire you need to be somewhat flexible. If you absolutely only want to stay at the Westin, then your best bet is to book it directly thru the hotel's website, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, etc. (and if you do it's appreciated if you used the links in our OTHER TRAVEL page).

Feel free to ask any questions you may have or clarification regarding any of the above. Of course, if researching hotel prices in the area gives you a bit of sticker shock and you determine your more flexible than your originally thought, post the date(s) of your travel and we can try to supply a suggested bidding strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]