Germany Berlin Courtyard City Centre East

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

The Courtyard City Centre is a quite new and rather large (> 250 rooms) hotel, and located between Potsdamer Platz and Alexanderplatz. The immediate surroundings are a bit boring, more a living area with large appartment houses (east German type), but quite quiet. Lots of parkings available around but be careful, as you'll have to pay by hour during the day (during the night free of charge). That's why I later used the garage of the Courtyard (14 Euro per day, but you can get a 2-day pass or more with unlimited entries and exits at the front desk, which makes it conveniant).

Check-in was a breeze, friendly, no priceline comments, no credit card wanted. We got a room in the 5th floor (5 out of 6) which was in excellent condition (still quite new), and well equipped (desk, 55cm TV, mini-fridge - not a minibar, but 1 large bottle of sparkling water was provided for free -, iron/ironing board, king size bed). The room is a little bit on the small side, but well-designed. There's a comfy chair near the window and a small table. One part of the window can be opened. The bathroom was quite nice with a tub-shower combination, rather large for a Courtyard.

There's a restaurant / bar in the hotel (more bistro-style) with quiet inexpensive food. In the room folder, they say room service is available until 11pm, but actually this depends on the availability of the waiters in the restaurants. Upon two occasions, they were too busy and asked us to eat in the restaurant or to pick up the food in the restaurant.

All over, a quite nice Courtyard, new and comfortable. For the Priceline-bid it was quite a deal.

Photos

• 2 years later...

agree on above however this was my first night ever in a "Courtyard by Marriott" ever!

Compared to "real" Marriott brands on 4* level what I prefer usually you can see basic differnences:

- very simple quality level (doors sound proof but not closing automatically all the time, doors i metal frames instead of wooden frames

- bathroom more HolidayInn like: "marble" sink and even a tub (!) everything ever clean but not comparable with Marriott or Renaissance Standard

- beds "US-style-soft" and linen high quality but not same as Marriott or Renaissance

- old fashioned tube-TVs

- emty mini-bar (you can fill with your own drinks)

- furniture made for hotels: simple and pramatic nothinh fency, nothing luxury!

I understood why in USA Courtyard by Marriott are usually categorized as 2* to 2,5* (depending on the age)!

As said above parking is available but Mon-Sat payable from 9 to 22 - however there won't be any "officer" to give you a fine before 10 and after 20:00 (we were told by reception) - looks a bit ridiculous to charge for such long time even the lots are usually empty after the offices around have called it a day (after 6pm) and there isnot enough personell to check!

BTW: At the private parking behind the hotel you can negotiate thre price for your stay (e.g. 24 EUR for 4 days)!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]