Aug 8 for 4 nights

Aug 9 for 4 nights

Aug 10 for 4 nights

Aug 11 for 4 nights

Aug 15 for 4 nights

Aug 16 for 4 nights

Aug 17 for 4 nights

Aug 18 for 4 nights

I am pretty much open to area but like areas that have restaurants near by and where you can walk at night safely.

My max is 150.00 but would love the 110.00 I have been seeing at The Intercontinental Barclay. I am assuming that only happens if you wait until the last minute. If I start bidding now I don't want to go over 120.00 until we get closer.

Any strategies??

Thought I would elaborate a bit, we want to see empire state building, top of the rock, ellis island, walk the brooklyn bridge, go to a show in theatre district, world trade center. I am going to buy one of those tours where you can get on/off with open air seating on top for multiple days. Not sure what else we will do yet.

$150 will probably be enough, if you decide to do a last minute bid make sure you do have a backup reservation somewhere so your not stuck sleeping in central park :)

Checking rates for Aug 8-11, can't see anything exceptionally high so you should be set to bid. Make sure you know how to re-bid on priceline

By what you describe, MTE/MTW should be acceptable for you. I would start at $110-$115 and work your way up from there, you have two re-bid zones at the 4* level.

MTE 4* at $110

if rejected add re-bid zone 1 and try

MTE 4* at $115

if rejected add re-bid zone 2 and try:

MTE 4* at $120

if rejected add both re-bid zone 1 & 2 and try

MTE 4* $125

Note between each of these bids re-access priceline using the link at savingsbarn.com...

you can try that same strategy for MTW, if rejected start with both MTE and MTW and add the re-bid zones as described above starting at your highest rejected bid and continue to raise $5-$10. Split up you essentially have 8 bids per 24hr period, if you were willing to stay in other areas that would increase. I would recommend starting off lower because when inventory is added, you may of been getting rejected at $150 one day and next day they might add some low priced inventory and you end up over bidding on it because you started off with a bid on the high side. If you can't get anything try every 2-3 days till your trip, since you have two sets of dates as well you can try with both and see if you get anywhere.

I think I am open to central park south and midtown central south (anything but downtown and upper east/west side so I can bid 4 zones.

so to sum up your strategy....if I understand..

check 1 zone at a time then add $5.00 increments for 2 times then add another zone and also add $5.00 increments for 2 more times and then add another zone/ plus $5 until max 8 bids in 1 24 hr period?

Also when in there can I start changing the dates.....should I wait until I have been rejected up to my max on 1st date....

I think I am a bit confused because of my variables on dates/zones/price.

If you have the time, i would bid as follows:

At the 4* level you have 2 re-bid zones avaialble. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

Start with the above for 8/8-8/12.. then if that is rejected repeat for your next set of dates, and so-on. My guess is that your current maximum bid will be too low.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Any suggestions on a back up hotel for Aug 8 for 4 nights. I will go to 170.00 but has to be completely refundable up to 2 days prior. My goal is to bid up to last minute on priceline and hopefully get 125.00 or less but will go to 150.00 on priceline last minute if I have to.

Oh.....3...4* on the back up please.

Any zone other than downtown or upper east/west side.

I am a bit confused about how many zones to select from start...for example you say

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

I clicked on MTE and MTW/4 star/100.00 chose dates...rejected...

I am not sure what you mean by add rebid zone, do you mean add UM/CPS OR MTS? at this point? If yes....then I would assume on the next step add the next or last zone available.

My main question is not understanding the rebid zone, I think it means start with one zone, then each time add 1 zone. Am I right??

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS and MTS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]