Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

kpike52
By kpike52,
in

I am trying to get on the strip for march 31st to april 6, which is wed. through tuesday, needing two rooms, any advice on bidding for this, I have tried up to 120.00 a night, but denied, I have a backup at the Mirage, but it is very expensive, any advice, or is the dates out of question with the ballgames going on? Thanks

If you want to change hotels you can get the Venetian right now on April 4-6 for $99 or less.I am still working on the other days.If you bid the V start at $79 and use free rebids to $99 for those two days.If you do bid those nights and get the Venetian you might contact priceline and see if you can add a night or two and see what rate if available they offer.

Expedia has Circus Circus open for 3-31 and 4-1 @$67 and 4-2 @ $126.I dont know if circus is a option for you,but its a cheap place to sleep for 3 nights if you can put up with the kids.Circus Circus web site is even cheaper and you might be able to cancel if you find something better.

What is the rate of your back-up at the Mirage?

Are you willing to change hotels? If so, how many times?

Theoretically since your dates encompass a weekend in the middle of the stay, the best rates would requrie to you move twice (ie- 3 hotels) for the pre-weekend, weekend, and post-weekend stays.

bbbb has been giving some great Vegas advice in a variety of threads <thanks!> Although if Circus Circus was my best known option i would sooner explore staying Downtown for part of my trip than at Circus Circus.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Why don't you list the rates for each nite. Some of us can get quite creative with mixing reservations and booking venues and maybe we can come up with a viable option for you.

Also, include what type of quality hotel you're willing to accept (by property name if you're familiar with Vegas at all.... for example, is the Flamingo ok?, how about the Tropicana, Excalibur, Stardust, Circus Circus, etc)... this will give us a better idea of what type of hotel you're accustomed to and what you're willing to consider.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry if circus was not an option for you but when I go to Vegas I frist look for a very nice hotel for cheap(less then $120 per night)or a cheap clean hotel on the strip.Dont get me wrong,I would never bid *3 or less on the strip as I wouldnt want to wind up at the sahara or the riviera.Just my take on Vegas when I go.

I'm not knocking the Circus, i'm just saying that if that was my best option i'd prefer to explore downtown options... some would never stay downtown and would prefer Circus Circus. For me, i'd rather stay downtown for a few days (not the entire trip) and seek out some of the extremely cheap food/restaurant deals, low stakes games, and other value oriented things that Downtown has to offer... for me hunting down the deals would be half the fun. On the otherhand, some wouldn't even visit downtown on a Vegas trip!

Rates have gone up significantly since you booked this (which i'm assuming was at least a few weeks ago) that i don't think you're going to do much better... especially for Friday and Saturday nites.

I think your only real option is to try for Sun and Monday at the Venetian, and i think you'll be successful if you go as high as $100... almost definately if you bid as high as $120.

I took your advice and bid 99.00 for sun. and mon. night, I got accepted! So we will be staying at the Mirage, Wed, Thurs. and Fri. , then checking out and going to Grand Canyon for Sat. night, then back to Vegas for two nights at the Venetian! We are very excited, first trip to Vegas! Thanks for all your help!

Congratulations! That's great news.

It's always easier going to the nicer hotel at the end of the trip than the other way around. Having stayed at each, i enjoy them both, but will say that the pool area at the Mirage is much nicer so make sure you enjoy that while you're there.

Enjoy your stay and have fun in Vegas.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]